PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Top Coat versus NuFinish

fdu98
12-17-2005, 10:27 PM
just for kicks..after washing my 98 rodeo
i tried both Nufinish and Mothers Top coat at the same time
both looked good after applying
but i noticed that the Mothers Top coat felt thicker when touched by hand after applying

that seemed like a good thing

does this sound right??
make sense? being the Mothers Top Coat is a better product

any feedback or insight would be good
thanks!

Brenton
12-17-2005, 11:26 PM
I`d pick used motor oil over NuFinish.

joyriide1113
12-18-2005, 01:15 AM
nu finsih is a good cleaner sealant thats pretty old school and last a long time. top coat is a carnuba, which is why it may have FELT thicker. but i think what u felt was the slickness.

fdu98
12-18-2005, 02:49 AM
as far as i read..the Mothers Top Coat has no carnuaba
otherwise i wanted that..i would of used a traditional wax
Mothers top coat reads to be just a final coat polish

i wanted something like this as i didnt want anything with cleaners or abrasives
as i have a new 2006 toyota sienna..which i know we`ll keep for a long time

but i tried the products on my old 98 rodeo just as a trial

anyhow..thanks for the input and i hope to see some other feedback..
thanks guys

Sherman8r44
12-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Mother`s TopCoat is a blend of polymers and carnauba.

CharlesW
12-18-2005, 11:21 AM
i wanted something like this as i didnt want anything with cleaners or abrasives
as i have a new 2006 toyota sienna..which i know we`ll keep for a long time
I`m not sure, but I think the Nu-Finish might be a little more agressive than what you are looking for.
If you just want a one-step over the counter product, the Meguiar`s NXT Tech Wax would do a good job for you.
Another Meguiar`s product that I used for years is the Medallion Premium Paint Protection. Very mild cleaning ability and a great, (IMO), look.
The NXT or the Medallion won`t have the durability of some sealants, but the Medallion kept my old Astro Van looking pretty good for quite a few years.

Charles

joe.p
12-18-2005, 12:20 PM
I`m not sure, but I think the Nu-Finish might be a little more agressive than what you are looking for.
If you just want a one-step over the counter product, the Meguiar`s NXT Tech Wax would do a good job for you.
Another Meguiar`s product that I used for years is the Medallion Premium Paint Protection. Very mild cleaning ability and a great, (IMO), look.
The NXT or the Medallion won`t have the durability of some sealants, but the Medallion kept my old Astro Van looking pretty good for quite a few years.

Charles
premium paint protection. is a wax/or a sealent?

Big Leegr
12-18-2005, 01:02 PM
premium paint protection. is a wax/or a sealent?
Sealant, but I think it has been discontinued.

CharlesW
12-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Sealant, but I think it has been discontinued.And I think you are right. I just checked Meg`s On-Line store and didn`t find it.

Charles

joe.p
12-18-2005, 03:16 PM
And I think you are right. I just checked Meg`s On-Line store and didn`t find it.

Charles

Charles i purchased some when megs had their katrina fund raiser on e-bay,i have seen the premium paint protection and paint cleaner at several of the smaller auto part supplers in the area.

fdu98
12-19-2005, 01:45 AM
Mother`s TopCoat is a blend of polymers and carnauba.

saw fromt he website...and just looked at the bottle that i have
from the website

"
Top Coat has no cleaners and is clearcoat safe — so it can be used on top of any car wax, sealant or glaze — and is ideal for use after Reflections® Car Wax. The combination of natural waxes and synthetic polymers gives paint additional gloss, depth and superior protection.
"

from what i read..and i`m no lawyer...use after reflections car wax..and then with it mixing with the wax before...thats how u get the wax in there

when i was searching for a product..i was looking for something with no wax..
but if i`m wrong..that would suck.......but i dont think i am..so far

anyone else read the same as me? or maybe i`m wrong?
thanks guys

Big Leegr
12-19-2005, 10:00 AM
I checked the Mothers website. Forrest (from Mothers) said, in a thread, "Yes, Top Coat has carnauba in it. "

Sherman8r44
12-19-2005, 10:06 AM
"
Top Coat has no cleaners and is clearcoat safe — so it can be used on top of any car wax, sealant or glaze — and is ideal for use after Reflections® Car Wax. The combination of natural waxes and synthetic polymers gives paint additional gloss, depth and superior protection.
"

from what i read..and i`m no lawyer...use after reflections car wax..and then with it mixing with the wax before...thats how u get the wax in there

Can you please clarify what you are asking? IN the description it says "the combination of natural waxes and synthetic polymers....", which very plainly states that it is a mix of carnauba (natural wax) and polymers.

fdu98
12-19-2005, 11:43 PM
thanks for all the input guys...
uv been very helpful