PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Ebony Replacement

Dom D
12-26-2009, 12:10 PM
I have finally exhausted my supply of Liquid Ebony. I have use this product for years. I know the company went out of business. I am looking for a product to replace Liquid Ebony. I have always been more than satisfied with the results with a 9 inch buffer. I just purchased a Porter Cable 7424 XP orbital buffer with all the different foam pads. I am looking for recomendations on products to give the same results as Liquid Ebony.

Street5927
12-26-2009, 12:40 PM
I have used this in the past, and I love the fact that it was water based and had no silicones. I have found that 3M Perfect-it for light or dark colored cars is very similar to the Liquid Ebony. However, if you just bought a PC, try the Meguiars M105/M205 combo or even some of the Menzerna Products. I just looked and actually have a half of a bottle of the Liquid Ebony left.

Setec Astronomy
12-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Wasn`t this stuff just a glaze?

Barry Theal
12-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Wow I haven`t heard Liquid Ebony in years.. That was some cool stuff in its time. Yea it was a glaze. Setec.

Street5927
12-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Wow I haven`t heard Liquid Ebony in years.. That was some cool stuff in its time. Yea it was a glaze. Setec.

Yes, the bottle I have on the back of my shelf has about 2 inches of dust on it. The black bottle looks almost white and you can barely even see the "water drop" on it...lol

Setec Astronomy
12-26-2009, 01:42 PM
So...if it was a water based glaze...wouldn`t the replacement be something like Danase Wet Glaze? Or for not water based...Meg`s #81?

JSFM35X
12-26-2009, 03:32 PM
I have finally exhausted my supply of Liquid Ebony. I have use this product for years. I know the company went out of business. I am looking for a product to replace Liquid Ebony. I have always been more than satisfied with the results with a 9 inch buffer. I just purchased a Porter Cable 7424 XP orbital buffer with all the different foam pads. I am looking for recomendations on products to give the same results as Liquid Ebony.

There is a Poorboys product that is a modern version of Liquid ebony. I had used ebony 15 yrs ago with good results now i use Black Hole. Works great when you cant or dont want to polish.

poorboysworld.com (http://www.poorboysworld.com/blackhole.htm)

brwill2005
12-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Sounds like any good light polish would replace that product; not too complicated.