PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars professional clay

gav'spurplez
12-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Merry Christmas to all my fellow Autopians.........

Santa brought me some detailing goodies.........(suprised ! )

anyways, i got a container of megs prof. clay ( mild / blue bar )

how does this compare to the white clay available in the kit @ local auto parts stores and target/walmarts ?

just wondering........

hope you guys got some good stuff too !!!

Junebug
12-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Never tried Meg`s blue, but that white crap is the worst excuse for clay there has ever been.

gav'spurplez
12-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Never tried Meg`s blue, but that white crap is the worst excuse for clay there has ever been.

:o:(

looks like i will stick to "the good stuff "

Setec Astronomy
12-25-2009, 01:32 PM
I don`t know if JuneBug is talking about the current Meg`s Smooth Surface (white) clay, or the stuff from 5 or 6 years ago that was frequently hard and cracked, but the Smooth Surface is a very mild clay along the lines of the Sonus green. The Meg`s pro blue is a medium clay along the lines of the traditional clays like Clay Magic.

IMO it`s not too much of a coincidence that the Meg`s Pro clays are blue and red and the Clay Magic medium and aggressive clays are blue and red. YMMV. (Yes, I know, David Fermani, blue Clay Magic is different from any other blue clay...)

David Fermani
12-25-2009, 01:42 PM
I (Yes, I know, David Fermani, blue Clay Magic is different from any other blue clay...)

Do you really believe it or are you saying this because I brainwashed you into thinking this?

Setec Astronomy
12-25-2009, 02:08 PM
I just preemptively added that because I knew you would comment. I believe that they told you that the Clay Magic formula is not sold by them except under the Clay Magic brand...I`m not sure that I believe it`s true, but I don`t disbelieve it, either. FWIW I just looked at my (unopened) package of the Meg`s Pro Mild Clay from perhaps 4 or 5 years ago, and it IS a different color than the Clay Magic Blue (it`s a bit more greenish, perhaps that`s what the poster in that other thread meant when he referred to a green Meg`s pro clay...actually I would call it more of a turquoise...not sure if it has changed due to age, or perhaps I just never put it side-by-side with the CM blue to notice the color difference. My SSR2.5 which is about the same age used to be purple and it`s faded to gray now).

It`s perfectly plausible that the CM formula is unique to the CM brand, even very small changes to the stuff they make for other people would render it a different formula.

MichaelSpoots
12-25-2009, 06:40 PM
The OTC Meg`s white clay and the Pro mild blue clay in the plastic container are the same in all respects except for the color, IMO.

No differences that I perceived.

However, I can definitely tell the difference between Zaino`s amazing red gummy-like clay and Meg`s white and blue clay :).

Jason M
12-26-2009, 11:17 AM
The OTC Meg`s white clay and the Pro mild blue clay in the plastic container are the same in all respects except for the color, IMO.

No differences that I perceived.

First person I have ever heard say that. I have used a bunch of both and they are in not even close to the same. The blue has a lot more bite.

gav'spurplez
12-28-2009, 11:00 AM
cant wait for spring time, 1st blue clay use !

bill6639
01-10-2010, 04:42 AM
this is a bit off topic but i figured id ask instead of starting a new thread..

hows the light blue turtle wax ICE clay?

HLxDrummer
01-10-2010, 12:52 PM
You guys are bumming me out. Just bought a three pack of Meg`s smooth surface clay from Autogeek :(