PDA

View Full Version : 2003 chevy truck

bigron62
12-17-2005, 01:34 PM
im doing a truck today .. nothing outraegous but it is pretty dirty .. the engine is real bad .. im going to wash it now and go to my friends shop and polish it there . i get lots of customers there when im detailing there . its good when they see my work and meet and talk about detailing .. anyway i did the engine here at home check it out .. i used P&S enviro clean then used my husky powerwasher and did some scrubbing with a very soft brush for the caked on dirt . then i used compressed air to blow it off and i used P&S no rub polish on everything ... ill post the rest when im done

CharlesW
12-17-2005, 02:06 PM
So far, it is looking good.
Will you be using Nu-Finish on the paint or do you reserve the Nu-Finish for just your own vehicles?:)

Charles

bigron62
12-17-2005, 07:49 PM
NU FINISH is a very expensive upgrade ...so far no one can afford it :) ok back to biz the truck is done .i used sonus fine clay with p&s lube , green edge pad on rotary with gold class liquid ... this is a top secret combo so keep it among dc members .. gc makes problems go away and it is extremely rotary friendly keep speed low and its a breeze... i did the hood with carnuba on top for depth and i used the pc on the roof ... the green pad removes any marring from the clay .. i like the sonus clay very much and ill spend the extra money to buy it .. very mild and no scratching ...

bigron62
12-20-2005, 10:34 PM
:thanks

budman3
12-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Looks real good Ron! The engine looks perfect. Interesting about the Gold Class with the rotary aswell. I hope the owner has some different wheels aswell....Good work

TrueDetailer
12-20-2005, 10:51 PM
Good looking truck right there, Is it bagged or just dropped?

And could you explain what i`m seeing on this picture? It looks like a chrome bugsheild but i don`t see one on the truck in other pictures? You got a better shot of the front end?

bigron62
12-20-2005, 10:53 PM
thanks budman ... he had some 22in wheels on it but he sold them and he doesnt know what he wants now .. ive got the same wheels on my chevy for the winter and its ugly but im tired of polishing my billet wheels every month in the winter..true thats just a reflection on the hood .. its got shaved door handles , tailgate and a DJM 6/4 drop

CharlesW
12-20-2005, 11:05 PM
So, do you guys think the wheels are truly ugly or is just that they are on 90% of the Chevy trucks?

I have stayed with OEM wheels for quite few years after having less than great life from the coating on aftermarket wheels. I ended up having the clearcoat removed and polishing the wheels. After two sets, I decided enough was enough.

Charles

bigron62
12-20-2005, 11:15 PM
i think the chevy wheels look ok if they are polished but id have to say that the wheels MAKE the truck .. my truck rides rough on the 20 in wheels with 255/35 tires but it looks cool .. the stock wheels and tires ride soft and i dont scrape on every bump and driveway .. also my 20 in tires dont last very long and at 200.00 a pop it gets expensive .. but when people see it all blinged out they want there cars detailed by me so its a way of showing off my work

CharlesW
12-20-2005, 11:35 PM
i think the chevy wheels look ok if they are polished but id have to say that the wheels MAKE the truck .. my truck rides rough on the 20 in wheels with 255/35 tires but it looks cool .. the stock wheels and tires ride soft and i dont scrape on every bump and driveway .. also my 20 in tires dont last very long and at 200.00 a pop it gets expensive .. but when people see it all blinged out they want there cars detailed by me so its a way of showing off my work
1. The wheels are expensive (You didn`t mention that)
2. Ride rough
3. Marginal ground clearance
4. Short tire life
5. Look way cool
Hey, one out of five isn`t bad. :)
Spoken like a true enthusiast.
Kind of like the Turbo AWD Talon I once owned. Easy to modify, fast, no trunk, no back seat, premium gas, expensive tires, marginal ground clearance, rough ride, absolutely great car. :)

Charles

CBlakeNS
12-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Nice work!!!