PDA

View Full Version : Any T-mobil users and others come in....(kinda long but not really).

wytstang
12-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Due to the recent issues I`ve been having with cingular I`m in the market for a new phone contract. So far it`s between Verizon which has a plan that consist of 450 anytimes minutes free nights and week ends $39.99
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...Sort&catId=323
Or T-mobil who has 600 anytime minutes and unlimited night/weekends for $39.99
http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/Nation...sp?PlanID=3222
Right now price per minutes T-mobil is ahead and there plan is for a 1 yr contract. While Verizons is for a 2 yr contract for less minutes for the same price but I`m stuck for 2 yrs.

Then there’s option 3 dropping my lines and joining with the g/f (cingular) and just paying the difference and get her military discount. The only reason I`m not jumping on this right away is cingular isn`t helping resolve my problem at all. Problem being unknown #`s showing up eating away at my minutes. All they say is there lines are hacker proof there`s no way it`s being hacked/cloned. Those #`s are being made/received through your phone we can`t help you. So as of 11:30 tonight I`m dropping them, so I`m looking for opinions/experience with Verizon and T-mobil users for the most part (mainly T-mobil). T-mobil has more bang for the buck but if there service sucks (dropped calls, static, no signal) I`d rather use Verizon. Keep in mind by Feb of 06` I`m going to be in South Carolina (Charleston) and T-modil seems to have a good signal in that area. Opinions and more importantly experience welcomed good or bad soooo lets here it.

mtmaher1
12-17-2005, 10:23 AM
I have verizon, You don`t need to sign the 2 yr contract. I just started with them in Aug and the only benifit to the 2 yr is an larger discount off the phone.

wytstang
12-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Correct I`m looking at prices of phones and minutes, T-mobil free phone (samsung) w/600 anytime minutes and free nights & weekends. Verizon has 450 minutes free nights/weekends, and both plans go for $39.99 a month.

JaCkaL829
12-17-2005, 10:46 AM
I have T-Mobile and my cousin has Verizon, and a majority of the time he has better reception than me. It might just be where I live though. I have been getting reception lately in some weird places, like his land up in PA, which is in the middle of nowhere. Verizon does seem to get great reception, but their customer service is downright horrible. My cousin had so many problems with them overbilling and complaining that its not worth getting into details. I`ve heard other people complain about their CS too. I know T-Mobile for me has been fine. Another somewhat advantage to T-Mobile, like ATT, Cingular is they use sim cards with their phones. So now that my phone is starting to crap out, I can buy any "unlocked" phone from eBay, and just plug my sim card in. I know with Verizon they don`t use sim cards, I believe its integrated. So if something happens to your phone you gotta go through Verizon.
Thats just my experiences with T-Mobile and Verizon.

wytstang
12-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Another somewhat advantage to T-Mobile, like ATT, Cingular is they use sim cards with their phones. So now that my phone is starting to crap out, I can buy any "unlocked" phone from eBay, and just plug my sim card in. I know with Verizon they don`t use sim cards, I believe its integrated. So if something happens to your phone you gotta go through Verizon.
Thats just my experiences with T-Mobile and Verizon.
I really like that feature as well, switching phones when I feel like it appeals to me. Thanks for your input....