PDA

View Full Version : Noob needs a little help for Christmas

parkerh94
12-21-2009, 04:46 PM
We have headed down to Alabama to get in the family christmas before the weekend and I have ran in to a problem. One of my family members has a Lexus 400h that is about to be traded in. I had my flex in the car just by accident so they asked if I could do a full correction and detail. NIGHTMARE! this thing has marring, scratches, swirls, you name it. The wife always ran it through a unmaned swirl-o-matic. Plus has two young children who killed the inside. (im getting a camera so I can document the job) Im very new I dont do this for a business I would like to but time is not right. I brought no polishes and went looking. No one around here has M105 or 205. the closest I have found were the mirrior glaze#1,#2,#3, #6, #7, and #9. are any of these the old names for 105 or 205. I need a good cut and polish. if anyone has some info on these.

Thank you & Merry Christmas

A

"EDIT" Yes I did sort of laugh at him when he thought just because I had the da in the car I could automaticly do a full paint correction. Im just going to do the best I can at least I had my pads too. LOL

HLxDrummer
12-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Can you get any 3M products?

If not, the most aggressive thing you`ll be able to get OTC is probably Meguiar`s Ultimate Compound. ColorX is a little less aggressive. These are the only two polishes I`ve really used but they work well for mild corrections. With a harsher pad and some time the UC might be able to give that paint a dent.

parkerh94
12-21-2009, 05:21 PM
No cant find 3M either, this is pretty sad Im driving around with my laptop checking auto paint stores now, this may be a lost cause. The place i just left has meguairs Medium Cut Cleaner just like O"Rileys. My brother found some samples of wolfgang total swirl remover that i sent him but I dont think that will be aggressive enough. uugh!

Dan
12-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Walmart:

Ultimate Compoud = a bit less agressive than 105

Swirlx = Pretty close to 205

IMO, colorx is not very abrasive at all.

imported_DJ Mayo
12-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Use Meg`s #9. It fills like crazy and they are trading it in :) :)

C0NRAD
12-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Wolfgang TSR is pretty aggressive with the right pad. Considering you`ve got a Flex with you, I don`t see why you couldn`t knock out the swirls with that. It might not be the best, but it`s possible I think (unless hard clear).

jDizzle
12-21-2009, 10:54 PM
id go ultimate compound. then swirl x. then #9, because like got leather said. it fills like crazy... if its not enough #7 is designed to fill swirls, but i doubt itll make a difference after the #9. try to use a carnuba wax if anything afterwards, not a sealant, they tend to highlight swirls and scratches. a nice oily carnuba might do some filling of its own too. lexus clear in my experience is pretty soft. and ive never used anything from wolfgang, so id give that a shot before i went out and bought something. good luck

craigdt
12-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Ultimate compound and SwirlX 2.0 are pretty good products. Get em at walmart

HLxDrummer
12-22-2009, 02:45 AM
Ya, sorry maybe I`m thinking of SwirlX. Haven`t been around my detailing supplies much being that it`s freezing and snowy here :(

skip87
12-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Meg`s 7 then NXT 2.0

2 hour job at most.