PDA

View Full Version : Keeping new leather smell?

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Picky
12-20-2009, 09:07 AM
I`ve been reading here about the differant cleaner and conditioners for leather, but haven`t seen if any of them help preserve that great new leather smell. Let alone that might reserect the smell. Thanks for any input, this forum is great!

Scottwax
12-20-2009, 10:59 AM
#1 rule with leather is to keep it clean. Every time you wash your car, take a damp microfiber towel and wipe down your interior. When you dress the leather, if you want to keep the factory leather smell, use something like Leather Master`s Leather Vital which has very little scent of its own that dissipates quickly.

jordanrossbell
12-20-2009, 11:29 AM
you could also use a leather air freshener, i use the CG one...and i know PB looks to have one now.

Accumulator
12-20-2009, 11:31 AM
... When you dress the leather, if you want to keep the factory leather smell, use something like Leather Master`s Leather Vital which has very little scent of its own that dissipates quickly.

Yep :xyxthumbs I feel *VERY* strongly about this one and I simply hate it when car interiors have the "leather shop smell" that others often like. In most cases I insist that my vehicles smell like they did when new, and even my cars from the `80s still do.

The LM stuff works well in this regard, and so does the Sonus brand leather treatment.

And yeah, just keeping things clean makes a bigger difference than most folks would imagine. My *dog-haulers* still smell new, and that`s pretty incredible considering how they`re used.

shakashaunz
12-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Prima Nourish is leather scented. Not like a phony air freshener smell either, very realistic. plus the finish and protection it leaves is nice too.

Cleaning Fool
12-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Zaino Z10 works pretty good in the "smell" dept

mblgjr
12-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Leatherique Rej.Oil/Prist Clean; AFTER the application is done and they`ve air-dried has a really nice smell overall.

I`ve just used the CG "Leather" scent a few times now and it has a nice smell once it`s initially dissipated; but it doesn`t last all that long; maybe 5 days.

tssdetailing
12-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Leatherique is strong as hell to me. I just used Adams leather conditioner and it had the perfect amount of intensity-like a new leather coat.

PWORLDSTANG
12-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Zaino Z10 works pretty good in the "smell" dept

+1. Z10 leaves a nice leather scent.

Envious Eric
12-21-2009, 12:42 AM
chemical guys leather conditioner

06c350sport
12-25-2009, 10:35 PM
I just posted it another thread, but I`ll say it again. Spinneybeck. They should know, they manufacture leather.

Quality Leather
12-26-2009, 11:58 PM
I just posted it another thread, but I`ll say it again. Spinneybeck. They should know, they manufacture leather.

Just looked at their webpage. I will have to inquire about their products.

They may make leather, but they still have to buy their chemicals from somewhere else.;)

imported_Devilsown
12-27-2009, 11:03 AM
+1. Z10 leaves a nice leather scent.

+2 I agree love this stuff I put it on my seats JUST to get the smell back. :D

jr_mints
12-27-2009, 11:27 AM
I just posted it another thread, but I`ll say it again. Spinneybeck. They should know, they manufacture leather

I always thought cows "manufactured" leather?

Cheers,

jedovaty
01-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread, came up in a search. Regarding spinneybeck...

They may make leather, but they still have to buy their chemicals from somewhere else.;)

Very clear in the product number of the cleaners ;) Dead giveaway, haha.