PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun question

spumoni
12-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Hello all:

I have been using Autogeek`s foam master gun and I really like it. I have been making a solution of Pinnacle Bodywork shampoo and water with a couple ounces of DP rinseless, and always use the gun on the highest foaming setting. Should I be using a more exact solution? Does this sound right?

Any advice would be helpful.

By the way, this is for a black car that barely gets driven.

Thanks!

vtec92civic
12-18-2009, 05:58 PM
should be fine the way you are using it. Are you having some sort of problems with the results you are getting from using those two products together or what exactly are you having a issue with?

spumoni
12-19-2009, 01:02 AM
I`m not having any issues, I just want to be sure I`m doing the right thing. The results seem to be ok, I just want to be sure.

Thanks.

rwisejr
12-19-2009, 05:16 AM
I`m not having any issues, I just want to be sure I`m doing the right thing. The results seem to be ok, I just want to be sure.

Thanks.

If your happy with results then your using it correctly.

Accumulator
12-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Hello all:

I have been using Autogeek`s foam master gun and I really like it. I have been making a solution of Pinnacle Bodywork shampoo and water with a couple ounces of DP rinseless, and always use the gun on the highest foaming setting. Should I be using a more exact solution? Does this sound right?

Any advice would be helpful...

-AND-

If your happy with results then your using it correctly.

Yeah, that`s pretty much my opinion too.

They might`ve changed it since my last order (years ago), but IME the Bodywork Shampoo is surprisingly harsh on LSPs. Good lubricity and cleaning, but just too harsh for me in the long run.

But anyhow...

I`d mix up a gallon of concentrate and fill the foamgun from that. I`m currently using about 6 ounces of shampoo and the rest water. That way I can make some adjustment at the gun for a stronger/weaker mix, getting what`s needed (and no more).

But generally, it doesn`t matter what the mix is as long as it`s a) strong enough to do effective cleaning, leaving no residual dirt to mar during the drying/etc. and/or, b) weak enough that it doesn`t strip the LSP. So no, the exact mix isn`t very important IME.