PDA

View Full Version : What`s a fair price to shovel & salt 700 feet of sidewalk? For the whole season.

WaxManRonnie
12-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Looking for a fair price to quote this association.

Not for each time I go. Only for the whole winter season.

It`s just 700 feet of sidewalk. I`d throw in salt when

needed.

Any opinions?

Setec Astronomy
12-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Does anyone do this? Give a contract price regardless of how much/how many times it snows? Or in Wyoming do you just know it`s going to snow between 8`-12` a year?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
12-16-2009, 11:41 AM
I always thought a threshold was set (example 2") and then you went out and pushed the snow once the threshold was met/exceeded and clients were charged per push....

WaxManRonnie
12-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Does anyone do this? Give a contract price regardless of how much/how many times it snows? Or in Wyoming do you just know it`s going to snow between 8`-12` a year?

Yes. I want to just charge one upfront fee for the whole season.

Not per push. I`m thinking $450 for the season.

Setec Astronomy
12-16-2009, 11:54 AM
See here in NJ, if you were going to charge $450 for the season, the first question the customer would ask is "what if it doesn`t snow?" but I guess that`s impossible in Wyoming. So how do you make out if the variation is a lot? If you figure the $450 on shoveling 10 times, but it winds up 40? Not to mention the variation in salt cost.

WaxManRonnie
12-16-2009, 12:29 PM
I`m glad I went and seen it. I did some calculating

on an average of pushes per week and a

charge for each. I came out to about $1600

for the winter. I dropped it to $1100 with half

up front and half at the end. He accepted my

offer.

POPPAJ
12-16-2009, 06:03 PM
If there are retirees or aged in this community you better shovel and salt if there is 1/16" inch of snow. $1100.00 won`t cover much in legal expenses.

Wyoming, Michigan! Hope your not doing this by hand. If you are please leave your detailing supplies to me. :D

Candor
12-17-2009, 08:51 AM
I snow plow in the winter, @Spec we have contracts whether it snows or not. A few years ago we made a killing because it only ended up snowing once or twice the whole season. Many customers were upset but in the end you can`t control mother nature. Now fast forward last year, we got snow almost every other weekend. We barely broke even.