PDA

View Full Version : Does this makes sense? 205 via PC ..finish with 3M ultrafina via rotary???

Dairyman
12-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Tell me if this makes sense or if you guys know of a better technique.

obviously each car is different but as a general rule of thumb does this make sense

105 on wool to cut heavy swirls(if necessary)

followed by 205 via PC to remove micro marring defects and polish to high gloss( reason for PC is that I am trying to keep a hologram free finish)

to jewel the paint a bit further and insure 0 holograms ultrafina on the 3m blue bad via makita rotary

Then sealant or carnuba via the PC again <- will this give me better results over doing it by hand or is just for times sake

The reason that I am thinking it is best to finish with the rotary is that ultrafina is designed for it and the other polishes similar to it(106ff) I was not impressed wtih and found that they were very hard to work with ie very dry and did not spready well

A lof of the work that I do is on freshly painted cars where the clear is very soft and wants to hologram and swirl easily. I have always used the rotoary 100% but just ordered a PC da and want to try to incorporate it into my technique

Thomas Dekany
12-15-2009, 03:12 AM
205 may not be aggressive enough after 105 /wool.

Step 2 should be 105 with the pc and orange pad. Finish with what ever you want with afterwards.