PDA

View Full Version : Well i`m !@#$%^ pissed..

twisted007
12-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Well not many of you know me on here but i have been detailing for almost 21yrs.

I started like everyone on every day autos an got up to the high end autos where i got to make good money an have since stayed there.

Mostly I do private appointment only details an just decided I would open a shop so I looked around but stuff is costly an i decided to go more south from me to the badder lands.

I thought I`d get a great place for a great price yea i got a great place for a great price just not a great area.

Got all the town crap done fixed shop up nice an was going to have a grand opening but before i did a few people decided for me an ripped the place off.

Even with bars an gates an alarm they got alot of stuff only good thing that came out of it is land lord giving money back so i can leave an insurance going to cover most of the stuff i can prove.

So now I`m back to the beginning an going to ask dumb questions from time to time so i can rebuild my tools an supplies so you guys don`t mind me.

It is funny for years i watch forums never to join now i don`t work my main job anymor just the detailing so decide to join in that time try to open shop an boom all blows up maybe i should have stayed on the side lines lol.

So one thing i have to ask what paint meter gauge should i get i want 3 of them need to know what you guys think for 1,2,3 choice as i figure start here since i got buffers today 2 makitas 2 flexes an 2 pc`s.

Thanks in advance.

Greg Gellas
12-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Sorry to hear! Such a shame. I use the PosiTest Paint Meter, its a great unit and very accurate from what I can tell :D

Apollo_Auto
12-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Well I suppose you could count this unfortunate event as a blessing, no? I mean that would have sucked BIG green ones if there had been a couple of nice cars in there!

So, do you want to buy 3 different paint gauges or would you like to choose 1 from 3 paint meters suggested here? If you want to get 3, I`d suggest 1 PosiTest so you can measure all layers of paint and then the others can be Highline Meters. Reason being is because once you`ve done the initial measuring you don`t need to measure the other layers of paint again, so a simple F/NF meter will do the trick for measuring the clear.

- Jesse

Apollo_Auto
12-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Well I suppose you could count this unfortunate event as a blessing, no? I mean that would have sucked BIG green ones if there had been a couple of nice cars in there!

So, do you want to buy 3 different paint gauges or would you like to choose 1 from 3 paint meters suggested here? If you want to get 3, I`d suggest 1 PosiTest so you can measure all layers of paint and then the others can be Highline Meters. Reason being is because once you`ve done the initial measuring you don`t need to measure the other layers of paint again, so a simple F/NF meter will do the trick when measuring the clear.

- Jesse

Vista_Stang
12-15-2009, 05:05 AM

So, do you want to buy 3 different paint gauges or would you like to choose 1 from 3 paint meters suggested here? If you want to get 3, I`d suggest 1 PosiTest so you can measure all layers of paint and then the others can be Highline Meters. Reason being is because once you`ve done the initial measuring you don`t need to measure the other layers of paint again, so a simple F/NF meter will do the trick for measuring the clear.

- Jesse

Couldn`t have said it better.

I`m sorry to hear about your problems, I had something similar happen but on a much smaller scale just a few months ago. I detail a lot out near the main road and many people walk by and see me, well apparently one greedy person decided he liked what he saw and broke into the storage area out behind my place and stole a bunch of my detailing equipment, including a buffer but no pads (???), and my airbrush setup but didn`t take the bottles (again ???).

Hope you get everything handled..

twisted007
12-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Thanks for all you replies guys an yea i`m glad no cars in shop at time but the thing is they stolen all the small to med size stuff bunch crack heads i think.

BobD
12-15-2009, 09:09 AM
I`d also look into investing a little bit of money into some sort of security system. Might even make your insurance go down.

Tru_Shine
12-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Lame, Sorry to hear that! I`m not sure if you have a SAMS near you, but my SAMS has a good security setup for $700 with 2 indoor cameras and 2 outdoor cameras and a DVR to record it all. 4 channel security system is plenty, thats what we use here at our shop. and you can hook it up online and watch it from anywhere.

twisted007
12-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Well not many of you know me on here but i have been detailing for almost 21yrs.

I started like everyone on every day autos an got up to the high end autos where i got to make good money an have since stayed there.

Mostly I do private appointment only details an just decided I would open a shop so I looked around but stuff is costly an i decided to go more south from me to the badder lands.

I thought I`d get a great place for a great price yea i got a great place for a great price just not a great area.

Got all the town crap done fixed shop up nice an was going to have a grand opening but before i did a few people decided for me an ripped the place off.

Even with bars an gates an alarm they got alot of stuff only good thing that came out of it is land lord giving money back so i can leave an insurance going to cover most of the stuff i can prove.

So now I`m back to the beginning an going to ask dumb questions from time to time so i can rebuild my tools an supplies so you guys don`t mind me.

It is funny for years i watch forums never to join now i don`t work my main job anymor just the detailing so decide to join in that time try to open shop an boom all blows up maybe i should have stayed on the side lines lol.

So one thing i have to ask what paint meter gauge should i get i want 3 of them need to know what you guys think for 1,2,3 choice as i figure start here since i got buffers today 2 makitas 2 flexes an 2 pc`s.

Thanks in advance.

I`d also look into investing a little bit of money into some sort of security system. Might even make your insurance go down.

Still did no help.

twisted007
12-15-2009, 10:43 AM
ya camera would have been a good idea but who would have thought lol. i learn my lesson.

mikelea4ever
12-28-2009, 05:14 PM
or maybe invest in a couple of pitbulls in case your alarm does not work.. lol

twisted007
12-28-2009, 05:30 PM
I have pits just not at the shop at night lol. but so far insurance is paying slow but surely.