PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 and a glaze

Pages : [1] 2

DownSouth
12-14-2009, 05:51 PM
What glaze do you suggest to use before topping off with 845 on new cc black paint?

Also, will a glaze affect 845`s durability?

gdal
12-14-2009, 06:23 PM
What glaze do you suggest to use with 845 on new cc black paint?

Also, will a glaze affect 845`s durability?

I have used 845 over CG`s EZ-Creme with great results. As far as the durability, I haven`t seen any effects whatsoever.

Atlantic Euro
12-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Glaze is usually an ultra-fine polish, so you are being pretty gentle. The GlossHaus glaze I use is a jeweling step for better pop when you get to wax.

I would recommend glaze - I use it with the white LC pad.

mongo
12-15-2009, 06:39 AM
should bond to it fine.

blucpe
12-15-2009, 11:49 AM
you could also consider danase wet glaze i`ve used this combo and it worked very well for me.

SuperBee364
12-15-2009, 12:40 PM
I have used 845 over CG`s EZ-Creme with great results. As far as the durability, I haven`t seen any effects whatsoever.

Thanks to the generosity of a fellow Autopian, I have a bottle of CG`s EZ-Creme glaze that I`ve been messing around with a bit lately. It really is good stuff. Like, seriously good stuff. I wish I hadn`t put off using it for over a year.

It doesn`t "pop" the look quite as well as one of the Meguair`s glazes, but then again, nothing does. I`m just about convinced that the Meg`s glazes reduce LSP durability, though.

EZ-Creme and DWG are both great glazes to use before 845.

steelwind101
12-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Dont forget to put down a layer of that Prima Amigo; the premier polymer glaze.

As per the Megs Glazes point, i would agree to a point, they are oil heavy and IME i would not apply them before 845.

akimel
12-15-2009, 02:50 PM
I have used Megs` #7 before applying 845 and did not experience any problems, nor have I heard of anyone who has experienced problems with this combo. #7 does add a lovely touch of wetness.

tenorplayer23
12-15-2009, 02:56 PM
I`m glad to hear this......the reviews on the CG EZ Glaze are unanimously positive.....so I piked some up while Detailed Image had their big sale last week. Unfortunately, looks like snow will keep it in the house for a few more months. The good news is I was able to lay down a coat of Collinite 845 before the temp. dropped. Oh well, I`ll see the combo starting ~March/April, 2010! Between the CG EZ Glaze, Collinite 845, Optimum Opt-Seal, Poli-Seal and OCW, I am now all set!!! Except for the fact that it will be a high of 25F tomorrow......Ugh!

See ya. :wavey

Thanks to the generosity of a fellow Autopian, I have a bottle of CG`s EZ-Creme glaze that I`ve been messing around with a bit lately. It really is good stuff. Like, seriously good stuff. I wish I hadn`t put off using it for over a year.

It doesn`t "pop" the look quite as well as one of the Meguair`s glazes, but then again, nothing does. I`m just about convinced that the Meg`s glazes reduce LSP durability, though.

EZ-Creme and DWG are both great glazes to use before 845.

gdal
12-15-2009, 03:25 PM
I`m glad to hear this......the reviews on the CG EZ Glaze are unanimously positive.....so I piked some up while Detailed Image had their big sale last week. Unfortunately, looks like snow will keep it in the house for a few more months. The good news is I was able to lay down a coat of Collinite 845 before the temp. dropped. Oh well, I`ll see the combo starting ~March/April, 2010! Between the CG EZ Glaze, Collinite 845, Optimum Opt-Seal, Poli-Seal and OCW, I am now all set!!! Except for the fact that it will be a high of 25F tomorrow......Ugh!

See ya. :wavey

I own all of those products (except poli-seal) and here are my favorite combos:

EZ-Creme/845/OCW ... awesome combo that creates a nice wet look on metallics

Opti-sealx2/845 ... great winter protection

Opti-sealx2/OCW ... it doesn`t get any easier than this!!!

let me know if you have a chance to try any of these combos.

longdx
12-15-2009, 05:33 PM
I`ve used PB`s Black hole before topping with IW845 on my wife`s DD (phoenix red). I did that in September and it is holding up well.

Alex T.
12-15-2009, 06:28 PM
+1 for PB Black Hole and 845. Just did my wifes SS Red/Black and it looks really nice. PB fills quite a bit and leaves according to my wife "deep glossy" finish. 845 adds "the wet look". Didn`t try any other colly except the 845 but I get around 4 months out of it on my DD (bi weekly washes with ONR) and I work in Power Plant, so car sits next to big stack at least 40-50 hrs/week. I don`t think you can go wrong with PB Black Hole. PB makes good stuff and the price isn`t bad.

DownSouth
12-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Is there any advantage/disadvantage of using DWG, CG EZ-Creme Glaze, ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze, or PB BH............or does the choice just come down to personal preference?

imported_Dave1
12-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Is there any advantage/disadvantage of using DWG, CG EZ-Creme Glaze, ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze, or PB BH............or does the choice just come down to personal preference?

Under a wax product?.......not really.

RMG under P21S won`t look any different than EZ Creme or DWG under 845......

skip87
12-16-2009, 12:20 AM
How long should you let glazes cure for before applying a wax product?