PDA

View Full Version : Best wax/sealant for filling defects...

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_Ivan Rajic
12-11-2009, 01:04 PM
I`m looking for a wax/sealant that gives the results you get from your local car wash with tons of glazes, etc. but I`d like something not greasy. It might be asking much but having only experienced a few sealants that don`t hide pretty much anything and a few waxes that hide very little (P21S, Natty`s, etc.) I`d like to see if there`s a product that works well for hiding swirl marks after application and has decent durability.

I remember seeing something on the forums about a year or so ago about a generic wax sold in gallons but I don`t remember the name or whether or not it`s still available.

Thanks in advance.

ps. No I`m not planning on becoming a hack with this haha.

imported_gusbubba
12-11-2009, 05:11 PM
I`ve read that Bilt Hamber`s (?) Auto Balm does what you`re asking.

Anomaly
12-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Megs NXT 2.0 comes to mind for defect hiding but I don`t know if it`s sold in gallon size.

superchargedg
12-11-2009, 06:43 PM
I`ve read that Bilt Hamber`s (?) Auto Balm does what you`re asking.

A Big plus one as it hides a lot of stuff but is a pain to apply and remove.

imported_Larry A
12-11-2009, 08:00 PM
I`m looking for a wax/sealant that gives the results you get from your local car wash with tons of glazes, etc. but I`d like something not greasy. It might be asking much but having only experienced a few sealants that don`t hide pretty much anything and a few waxes that hide very little (P21S, Natty`s, etc.) I`d like to see if there`s a product that works well for hiding swirl marks after application and has decent durability.

I remember seeing something on the forums about a year or so ago about a generic wax sold in gallons but I don`t remember the name or whether or not it`s still available.

Thanks in advance.

ps. No I`m not planning on becoming a hack with this haha.

I think your refering to something that Blue Coral sold to auto auctions. I forgot the name.

imported_Ivan Rajic
12-11-2009, 10:55 PM
I think your refering to something that Blue Coral sold to auto auctions. I forgot the name.

Yup that`s it.

GS4_Fiend
12-14-2009, 11:14 PM
NXT doesn`t hide swirls as much. Only minor to little.

JohnZ3MC
12-15-2009, 12:02 AM
The Blue Coral product you fellows might be thinking about is called Product X.

Really, that`s the name, Product X.

It`s listed as a glaze and comes in gallon sizes and it`s pink.

About a year or more ago, RAG did a writeup about it saying it might just be his new favourite glaze because it fills and finishes well.

Once in a while, it`ll show up on Ebay.

That`s all I remember about it,

-John C.

blake_jl
12-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Prima Banana Gloss

sophmeat
12-15-2009, 06:07 AM
What about Poorboy`s Black Hole or White Diamond?

BostonDuce
12-15-2009, 07:13 AM
Bilt Hamber Auto Balm semi-paste wax, Prima Amigo for a glaze.

BTW, AB will transform flat or semi-gloss black trim to like new.

BD

Greg Nichols
12-15-2009, 10:08 AM
I have used product X by coral blue in my testing Danase wet glaze DWG works wonders at hiding if that is what you want to do. It will also brighten up the gloss a ton with our without filling, very versatile product.

Cheers,

GREG

imported_Ivan Rajic
12-15-2009, 10:30 AM
I have used product X by coral blue in my testing Danase wet glaze DWG works wonders at hiding if that is what you want to do. It will also brighten up the gloss a ton with our without filling, very versatile product.

Cheers,

GREG

Greg I am getting some DWG from Bob after seeing your post... http://www.autopia.org/forum/professional-detailer-general-discussion/123034-dwg-vs-megs-7-glaze-war.html

MisterShark
12-15-2009, 10:32 AM
What about Poorboy`s Black Hole or White Diamond?

Yeah, this (Black Hole) was what immediately came to mind but admittedly I`ve never used it.

I`d love to hear testimony from some that have.

Dan
12-15-2009, 10:41 AM
NXT doesn`t hide swirls as much. Only minor to little.

Agree, it hides minor marring and very light swirls at best.