PDA

View Full Version : Pad Cleaning

Lou K
12-10-2009, 10:15 AM
I just received some LC pads to replace my slightly worn old pads. Believe it or not I did read the instructions, In the cleaning section it states do not use laundry or dishwashing detergents and specifically named Dawn. My queston is what harm will that do to the pads? I have been using Dawn for the last 7 years to clean my pads without any without any bad effects.

JasonS
12-10-2009, 10:49 AM
I just received some LC pads to replace my slightly worn old pads. Believe it or not I did read the instructions, In the cleaning section it states do not use laundry or dishwashing detergents and specifically named Dawn. My queston is what harm will that do to the pads? I have been using Dawn for the last 7 years to clean my pads without any without any bad effects.

Have you been cleaning the SAME pads for the last 7 years or different pads over the 7 year period?

I do not know if it was Dawn or another cleaner but have heard from a customer who had pads dry rotting a few weeks after being cleaned with a household cleaner. Maybe they were not rinsed thoroughly.

dschribs
12-10-2009, 11:03 AM
I can`t help but wonder if they suggested buying THIER OWN pad cleaner that they make and sell to clean the pads....

Lou K
12-11-2009, 11:32 AM
I can`t help but wonder if they suggested buying THIER OWN pad cleaner that they make and sell to clean the pads....

I get the feeling that they were trying to sell their own cleaner

dschribs
12-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Imagine that...