PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite zymol wax/lsp?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_boostwagon
12-10-2009, 09:14 AM
post up some experiences with zymol products i`m just eager to hear everyone`s opinions whether they be negative or positive.

twisted007
12-10-2009, 09:24 AM
I can tell you now this is going to be a on going opinionated thread lol everyone has good or bad to say about zymol hope your prepared.

I personally love zymol i have used everything but Solaris glaze as the price is way to much for me.

I love the lower priced waxes but you never get free refill`s so you spend $1,100.00 an when out spend $1,100.00 again.

But the Vintage glaze is great cause you get all the the quality of the other waxes but free refill`s for life which is great.

The Royale glaze is nice but pricey an not much different between Vintage or Royale so i went with Vintage an love it hope this helps.

imported_boostwagon
12-10-2009, 09:35 AM
i was going to just buy the concours wax as my initial investment. even so 175bucks isnt exactly the cheapest wax around so i`m expecting a lot out of it. i`m happy with dodo supernatural, and was wondering what the differences might be.

SpoiledMan
12-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Boostwagon, I have a brand new tub here. Interested?

Dan
12-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Concours was probably my favorite of the Zymols I have used (Carbon, Destiny and Concours). The depth was fantastic, however I think CG5050 looks as good and it lasts longer.

DM101
12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I was lucky and bought Vintage when it was a LOT cheaper. It is the best wax I have used. But I would not pay the price they are asking for it now. Souveran is a great wax for the price. AG puts PS on sale fairly often.

ALAN81
12-10-2009, 02:05 PM
I use the Concours and I like the durability. I got another when Zymol had that 25% sale a few weeks ago. I also love Fuzion

imported_Amused
12-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Concours is a quality wax. I`ve owned it and liked its results. I find it a shade brighter than average for a carnauba, with good durability. It is expensive, not ultra luxury expensive, but expensive enough.

I do however think that Glasur is a better value. At 60% of the cost of Concours, you`ll get equal durability and the slightest difference in appearance...a deeper gloss (which I prefer). It might be something worth considering.

It`s too bad that you missed out on Zymöl`s 25% discount & free shipping at the end of November. It would have been the perfect opportunity to replenish your stock. Anyway, $101 (w/ free shipping) isn`t too bad for Glasur via Zymöl.com...you`ll be hard pressed to find it cheaper elsewhere without a sale.

lbls1
12-10-2009, 05:45 PM
From what I`ve experienced and observed with the authentic zymol waxes, many of them share similar finish characteristics. Among the better HC and EG waxes, they seem excel at producing very clear and deep toned reflections. The EG waxes are especially talented in providing extended reflective ranges in their finishes.

I would have to say that Vintage is my favorite wax of all of the zymols. If price is a concern (which unfortunately Zymol is infamous in its reputation for being expensive) then I would encourage curious detailers to sample concours or perhaps one of the waxes from the HC line. Concours offers a concentrated finish and it exhibits many of the reflective qualities found in the pricier EG waxes.

IMO one would benefit the most from comparing a zymol to other lsps to judge how well its finish competes (preferrably before committing a sizeable investment in one of the zymol waxes).

Check out the review section as well from this site, as I gave a more lengthy description of my experience with Concours and Vintage.

ALAN81
12-10-2009, 06:53 PM
The sale at Zymol.com is still going on. Glasur is $101 .

Rob Tomlin
12-10-2009, 09:29 PM
LOL.

I can`t help but notice that in a thread where the OP specifically asked about people`s experiences with Zymol products, we have people talking abou Dodo Juice`s Supernatural, Pinnacle`s Souveran, CG`s 50/50, and Wolfgang`s Fuzion.

Sometimes we just can`t help ourselves, can we? :LOLOL

JohnKleven
12-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I am one that loves their waxes. They just get better with more money you spend. The very special "glow" that zymol waxes have can`t be matched by anyone. It doesn`t offer great durability, but the looks are fantastic.

John

imported_boostwagon
12-10-2009, 11:13 PM
LOL.

I can`t help but notice that in a thread where the OP specifically asked about people`s experiences with Zymol products, we have people talking abou Dodo Juice`s Supernatural, Pinnacle`s Souveran, CG`s 50/50, and Wolfgang`s Fuzion.

Sometimes we just can`t help ourselves, can we? :LOLOL

i belive i`m the only one who mentioned supernatural, as i like it, and if the results from concours are similar and not any better than i`ll just stick with supernatural

is pinnacle souveran really the cat`s meow? or has everyone just been happy enough with it not to venture onto other things???

Rob Tomlin
12-11-2009, 02:51 PM
I was lucky and bought Vintage when it was a LOT cheaper. It is the best wax I have used. But I would not pay the price they are asking for it now.

Wow!!!

Based on your post, I searched google to see what they are charging for Vintage now. I remember when it first came out and people ordering it here. I thought the price was high then, but at least you get a lifetime supply. Looking at the current price, I can`t believe that it has gone up that much!!

If I am remembering correctly, it looks like the current price in nearly DOUBLE what it was initially! :eek:

twisted007
12-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Double price close to it rob when i got mine i paid 1100.00 plus shipping an shipping was cheap back than lol. now i think you get free shipping but look at price 2300.00 some place 2400.00 some 2200.00 lol.