PDA

View Full Version : OTC trim restorer?

chris03tl
12-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Any suggestions on a decent OTC trim restorer product?

I want to make the black rubber trim around my windows, windshield, etc look black again. Probably a multi-step process for me, as Ive let too much polish/wax get on them, so I need to clean that off first then hit it with a restorer product.

Over the counter preferred so I can get it done ASAP (its getting cold up here), but if none exist then any suggestion (online only even) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Chris

Dan
12-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Mothers back to black works ok on most surfaces, but it does not seem to last. Megs trim detailer gel is ok,but doesn`t last that long (longer than mothers though) and isn`t as good of a cleaner as the mothers. The new meguiars stuff looks promising but its not out yet.

BigAl3
12-08-2009, 02:26 PM
this is another option, i think kragen has it...

http://www.trimshine.com/media/Photo-91034Can-01C.jpg

Trim Shine is an easy-to-use, spray-on coating that instantly shines and brightens dull or faded plastic, vinyl, rubber, and other surfaces.

Trim Shine restores color and brilliance to bumpers, running boards, door trim, convertible tops, dashboards, seating, AC vents, hoses, door gaskets, and more. It even hides ugly white wax marks on black exterior trim.

Cleaning Fool
12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Keep in mind whatever you use isn`t going to last. I thought Mothers Back to Black was awful, used it once, promptly tossed it in the trash. Really, any tire gel will restore black trim or any liquid spray type tire shine will as well. It doesn`t need to say "trim restorer" on the label to do the job. PS I.ve used Kiwi Black liquid shoe polish many times in the past, it actually works really good and it lasts, that would be my choice.