PDA

View Full Version : help

Buff Guys Auto
12-06-2009, 05:46 PM
hey guys im having a time with my final swirl removal process when compounding.I have a dewalt 849s ive been using 3m compound and wool pad then (3m perfect-it plus foam compounding pad with a lmed cut swirl remover from auto majic im sure its not the best but it works) after that im running in a delema ive been a glazing pad but with a bannana liquid wax with a very light cut at it looks great, however; i want to put a sealant down directly the the paint instead of it laying on top of a middle of the road wax which is undoubtedly severely decreasing life span of protection, and shine of finished product......(The question) i was thinking of using my sealant as my final swirl removal product perhaps some klasse all in one. WILL IT DO THE JOB WELL<IF NOT... WHAT WILL?

salty
12-06-2009, 08:58 PM
hey guys im having a time with my final swirl removal process when compounding.I have a dewalt 849s ive been using 3m compound and wool pad then (3m perfect-it plus foam compounding pad with a lmed cut swirl remover from auto majic im sure its not the best but it works)

after that im running in a delema ive been a glazing pad but with a bannana liquid wax with a very light cut at it looks great, however; i want to put a sealant down directly the the paint instead of it laying on top of a middle of the road wax which is undoubtedly severely decreasing life span of protection, and shine of finished product......(The question) i was thinking of using my sealant as my final swirl removal product perhaps some klasse all in one. WILL IT DO THE JOB WELL<IF NOT... WHAT WILL?

Cleaned it up for you, font is terrible.

You need to step down to milder pad and polish. With a little reading on here you can find some products that will work. Check out the machine section.

Klasse AIO has no cut or protection.

Accumulator
12-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks, salty ;)

Buff Guys Auto- As noted, you need to get a medium strength abrasive polish to use right before the sealant. I`d go with Menzerna PO85RD myself, but there are others that`ll also work.

You could try Zaino AIO (which does have some cut) but I doubt it`ll be sufficiently abrasive.

craigdt
12-09-2009, 10:25 PM
As the others have accurrately stated, you need to add a finer polishing step in there.

And with a bit of liberty taken, might I suggest you apply the LSP by hand?

Buff Guys Auto
12-28-2009, 08:24 PM
hey guys thanks a lot for your help ive tried some menzerna final polish works fantastic. btw how do you guys feel about collinite? for clear coat app, as well as gel coat>