PDA

View Full Version : Help: Chevy Dealer screwed up my side skirts w/jack lift

imported_detail1
12-06-2009, 12:29 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always have work done on my GM vehicles by my local Chevy dealer. They are very reliable and do good work. Last week, I had to bring in my Monte Carlo for new brake rotors. 2007 Monte only has 15,000 miles. The front rotors were already cut under warranty once and the service manager told me that I would now have to pay for new rotors. My car sits at times bc I have 2 daily drivers.

Service manager takes me to see the old rotors. My car was on the lift and I immediately noticed that the jack lift was under my side skirt and not on a jack point. The plastic skirt was damaged. When I told the manager this, he asked that wasnt there before? I said no and he said that the mechanic will have to pay for that.

Well, i pick up the Monte the next day and when i asked the service manager about the condition of the skirt, he said that the mechanic said that the skirts pop back into place. When i went to the car, I noticed that the skirt was higher than the door but the door opened fine.

I took the car and ironically had to go to my bodyshop place where my truck was being fixed. My body guy said that the mechanic messed up the skirt. He should not have placed the jack on the skirt. I cant open the passenger door now and the door is not aligned with the fender. (And i thought that the door opened fine)

I am going back to the dealer on Monday. Should I call the service manager before showing up? This manager is always respectful to me and gives me a 10% discount on parts & labor. I also know the general manager very well.

This mechanic did alot of work on my truck and he gave me alot of helpful advice.

I am not looking to make enemies bc I always go to this dealership BUT I want my car fixed. What do I tell the manager? And I want my body guy to fix the car not GM. I have given this dealership alot of my business and never had a problem before.

Just need a prep before I go to see him. I know that i should have said something when I picked up the car but it was Friday and i just wanted my car back.

Now I want it fixd and im pissed that this mechanic was not more careful with jacking up my car. I need to teach him a lesson by going through the manager.

Thanks

Frank

DaGonz
12-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Your dealership service manager is full of excremental matter. If the rotors needed resurfacing and replacement at 15K miles, there is a problem.

The problem is covered under warranty, unless it has run out for time as opposed to mileage. I had a brake rotor problem (warping) with my Jeep, After having 3 sets of front rotors warp, my dealership took care of me by getting a heavier rotor that alleviated the problem... all covered under warranty.

As far as the damage to the side skirts....they screwed them up by not using the jacking points... they should pay.

Go right to the dealership`s general manager, remind him of how much money you have spent there between sales and service and demand that they pay your auto body guy to do the repairs. If they refuse, pay it out of pocket and spread the word.

Word of mouth is very powerful.

gav'spurplez
12-08-2009, 12:42 PM
i have to agree, they are responsible for any and all damage..... we always inspected the cars when they pulled into the service drive and marked a diagram for damage.

if you are concerned with making enemies, then just make sure your approach is "appropriate."

dont start demanding things right off the bat, have a conversation with a mgr and explain to them you need this situation handled properly.

we had customers try and blame us for damage. unfortunately it was our doing some of the time.

how can you lift a car by the skirt ? um, thats not safe and the tech should be disciplined.....