PDA

View Full Version : products for carpet cleaning

king nothing
12-05-2009, 06:33 PM
I need to know what products would work well for cleaning badly soiled carpet. Both chemical and what to use (brushes etc).

Are the brushes for the PC worth the investment for carpet or is it just as easy to do it by hand?

AeroCleanse
12-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Folex works well and is available at retail. Einszett W99 might also work, but haven`t tried it.

I have used Folex and my steamer with great success.

imported_Amused
12-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Folex gets my vote, and it`s easily found at your local Target or whatnot. I`ve cleaned up grease with it before, with just a brush, hot water, and my RIDGID shop vac. It`s great stuff mixed with water or at full strength. If you have access to an extractor, that would make things even easier.

imported_Jakerooni
12-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Folex is great for spot stains. Not so much for actual cleaning of badly soiled carpets. For that I grab a can of Resolve foaming carpet cleaner for high traffice carpets. You need the foaming action to dig down deep and get all the dirt to the surface. A simple nylon brush like this works great. SM ARNOLD CARPET & MAT BRUSH | Automotive Detailing Accessories & Brushes | Detail Supply Outlet (http://www.detailsupplyoutlet.com/item.htm?item_num=74)

salty
12-06-2009, 03:24 AM
Personal or customer cars?

king nothing
12-06-2009, 11:39 AM
My personal cars. Anybody use the PC brushes

DrivingImpressions
12-06-2009, 12:13 PM
I use PC brushes all the time. They work great with Biokleen Traffic lane. Best combination I have found on stained and overall dirty carpets.

Rob Tomlin
12-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Folex FTW!

Bradley's Issy
12-07-2009, 02:03 PM
I have always used a citrus based cleaner which everyone makes, I prefer the Zep Citrus Blast not only for it`s cleaning power but also the low cost and it`s safe to use on plastics, vinyl, upholstery etc. It mixes 1:20 and I apply it with a spray bottle and use a standard plastic brush in a circular motion to loosen the dirt and stains then rub it out with a white towel. This picks up all the dirt and moisture leaving the fabric slightly damp and clean with a light citrus scent.

I have been using this technique for almost 10 years and have never had a customer complaint or a redo.

I hope this is helpful

dragster
12-07-2009, 03:31 PM
We use Folex on every car & steam but before we had steam we used the Mytee II. The pc brushes are great also have other uses. WEe use them on convertable top & boat seats.

qbmurderer13
12-09-2009, 09:35 AM
What is the best way to use Folex without a steamer? Do you let it sit before or after you agitate it with a brush? And do we just vaccuum it afterwards or spot it with a towel? Ive tried different ways and havent gotten great results.

vtec92civic
12-09-2009, 11:09 AM
some great stuff in this thread. Folex works great but i`m sure all the other suggestions work well too.

Folex can even be found at Lowe`s

when i use folex i usually pre treat the area and let it dwell for a little bit first and then begin to attack it.

I would like to try some of the other methods people listed here though.

Showroom Shine
12-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I have had very good results with Dri Wash n Guard Green apc concentrate and Folex with my heated extractor. To me brushes and agitators are a toss up for what ever you prefere!

Showroom Shine
12-10-2009, 06:06 AM
Just got some DP Carpet Extractor Pre- Treatment.Won`t be able to use it until it warms up unless I use it on the carpet in my home. Maybe try it on the mats. Well, at least we don`t have the snow accumilation yet.

ctrent86
12-10-2009, 09:27 AM
For those that use PC carpet attachments what speed do you run them on?