PDA

View Full Version : Uber Foam Pad Experience?

Pages : [1] 2 3

dnadrifter
12-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Anybody here have any experience using the Uber foam pads from Detailers Domain? I searched and couldn`t find anything.

I have read some mixed reviews about the Lake Country pads that have the dimples in them. Thought I might give the Uber pads a try as a more traditional pad. (Getting my first PC soon...have never used one before)

Envious Eric
12-03-2009, 01:18 AM
LOVE THEM!!!! orange and green and blue!

HookEmHorns
12-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Take my advice, do not get the LC pads with dimples in them. I bought a bunch of them for my first set of pads and now I have to buy more because those pads don`t work very well for me at all. They let the polish build up in the dimples and it makes it even harder to tell when the polish has been completely worked. I don`t recommend those pads, but if you want to try them, be my guest. I think I`m gonna spring for the uber foam pads.

Legacy
12-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Take my advice, do not get the LC pads with dimples in them. I bought a bunch of them for my first set of pads and now I have to buy more because those pads don`t work very well for me at all. They let the polish build up in the dimples and it makes it even harder to tell when the polish has been completely worked. I don`t recommend those pads, but if you want to try them, be my guest. I think I`m gonna spring for the uber foam pads.+1 same reason I dumped all of my LC ccs pads. The Hydro pads are also good.

vtec92civic
12-03-2009, 02:36 PM
i had the same question regarding the uber pads. Some people love them some people say the foam feels not quit as good as the LC flat pads.

I have LC CCS pads now but have been dying to switch over to flat pads.

GoCubsGo
12-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Take my advice, do not get the LC pads with dimples in them. I bought a bunch of them for my first set of pads and now I have to buy more because those pads don`t work very well for me at all. They let the polish build up in the dimples and it makes it even harder to tell when the polish has been completely worked. I don`t recommend those pads, but if you want to try them, be my guest. I think I`m gonna spring for the uber foam pads.

+1 :werd:

I have both and the Uber flat pads are a lot nicer to work with IMO.

resek
12-03-2009, 03:34 PM
For Rotary use, which size do you guys recommend ( Uber foam type) ... 5.5" or 6.5" ?

=)

vtec92civic
12-03-2009, 03:51 PM
For Rotary use, which size do you guys recommend ( Uber foam type) ... 5.5" or 6.5" ?

=)

I run 6.5" pads with my Rotary . . . . . but would like to get a couple different size pads/backing for tighter areas.

resek
12-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I run 6.5" pads with my Rotary . . . . . but would like to get a couple different size pads/backing for tighter areas.

Thanks for the answer. :2thumbs:

I`m not 100% sure which size to take. I`m assuming that a 5.5" will get me "better" or "faster" results than a 6.5" even if i`m using a rotary(makita 9927C)

But for now, my "main" concerns is : if i don`t ABSOLUTELY need 6.5", i`ll be buying 5.5" since i`ll save 12$ for a 5pack versus 6.5".

Detailers Domain:

5pack 5.5" pads = 34.99$

5pack 6.5" pads = 46.99$

I`m planning to buy 1 pack of Orange, 1 pack of Green, 1 pack of Blue.

What you guys think ? would like to get different opinions =)

:ca:

P.S. I just realised that DD is not a sponsor from here anymore ... anyone know a "coupon" code for savings ? :)

vtec92civic
12-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the answer. :2thumbs:

I`m not 100% sure which size to take. I`m assuming that a 5.5" will get me "better" or "faster" results than a 6.5" even if i`m using a rotary(makita 9927C)

But for now, my "main" concerns is : if i don`t ABSOLUTELY need 6.5", i`ll be buying 5.5" since i`ll save 12$ for a 5pack versus 6.5".

Detailers Domain:

5pack 5.5" pads = 34.99$

5pack 6.5" pads = 46.99$

I`m planning to buy 1 pack of Orange, 1 pack of Green, 1 pack of Blue.

What you guys think ? would like to get different opinions =)

:ca:

P.S. I just realised that DD is not a sponsor from here anymore ... anyone know a "coupon" code for savings ? :)

5.5" pads will still work very well. I also use a Makita 9927C. I think IMO that 5.5" pads would be a great size . . . . . still covering a decent amount of area yet being the pad is a little smaller it will correct a tad bit quicker then the 6.5"

If i were you i would most likely go:

(1) Pack Orange

(1) Pack White

(1) Pack Blue

the green for the most part really isn`t necessary but it depends on what type of details you are doing.

Most people on here i have noticed don`t even use yet alone mention green.

Envious Eric
12-03-2009, 07:03 PM
5.5" are the only ones I buy..more cutting power with the PC, and less aggressive with the rotary (smaller size)

S2KGURU
12-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Phil`s products at detailer`s domain are phenomenal. The pads are amazing. They don`t fall apart and they feel much easier to clean. I use all of his Uber products and you can`t go wrong.

resek
12-03-2009, 07:56 PM
5.5" pads will still work very well. I also use a Makita 9927C. I think IMO that 5.5" pads would be a great size . . . . . still covering a decent amount of area yet being the pad is a little smaller it will correct a tad bit quicker then the 6.5"

If i were you i would most likely go:

(1) Pack Orange

(1) Pack White

(1) Pack Blue

the green for the most part really isn`t necessary but it depends on what type of details you are doing.

Most people on here i have noticed don`t even use yet alone mention green.

Others correct me if i`m wrong, but the green and the white are the same type of pad, a polish pad. It`s the same cut.

Some vendor sold White and other sold Green.

If you look at DD, they do not sell white pad.

getcha
12-03-2009, 08:03 PM
The Uber EDIT:green cuts and finishes just like LC white - in fact LC makes them

The german green CSS i think you`re referring to is a different type of foam compared to the white.

The german green onsome soft paints might micro mar whereas the LC white more than likely wont.

Fixed

resek
12-03-2009, 08:07 PM
The Uber white cuts and finishes just like LC white - in fact LC makes them

The german green CSS i think you`re referring to is a different type of foam compared to the white.

The german green onsome soft paints might micro mar whereas the LC white more than likely wont.

Where do you see Uber white ?

Uber foam pads (http://www.detailersdomain.com/ubergreenpad55inchpolishpad.aspx)

I`m refering to those pad.