PDA

View Full Version : Simple green all purpose cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

irsankao
12-01-2009, 05:02 AM
I saw this on the shelf this morning. I thought I have read it somewhere you can actually use it to clean car. The problem is I forgot to clean what parts.

Can I use it as all purpose cleaner for car interior?

What other uses have you guys used it successfully?

Infiniti9909
12-01-2009, 07:49 AM
I actually used to use it pretty successfully on engine bay details. It did a good job breaking down the crud that gets in there. Now I use P21S TAW though.

I`ve never thought to try it inside a vehicle though.

youngbro401
12-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Simple Green is in fact an excellent degreaser. It is all organic meaning it is totally biodegradeable as well. It has the capability to clean nearly any surface when agitated with some sort of brush/scrubbing motion.

imported_Jakerooni
12-01-2009, 09:30 AM
I hate the crap... They use it constantly at the dealership I`m training at and I`m trying like all he ll to break these guys of this. It`s "Ok" at best for only a few things. There are much better APC`s/Degreaser`s out there. The stuff is weak and highly ineffective for the most part.

vtec92civic
12-01-2009, 09:35 AM
i use to use it back when i was young to clean my carpets inside my car. Some hot water and a couple cap fulls of Simple Green and it worked very well.

Spawne32
12-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I hate the crap... They use it constantly at the dealership I`m training at and I`m trying like all he ll to break these guys of this. It`s "Ok" at best for only a few things. There are much better APC`s/Degreaser`s out there. The stuff is weak and highly ineffective for the most part.

never heard anyone ever say simple green was "weak"

Candor
12-01-2009, 08:52 PM
I moved onto HD Total for majority of my greasy stuff now, I used Simple green and still have a few gallons of it. I`ll still use it though to remove bugs and add a little bit into my cocktail of liquid to remove all sealants and wax.

JonP
12-01-2009, 11:52 PM
I use it from time to time and never had any problems removing grease, stains, and oil from the vehicles. It works quite good when used with a pressure washer. They also make a nice shampoo too but I mainly just use the APC as well as other APCs on the market.

Passrat
12-02-2009, 12:29 AM
I found it to be just OK but the dilution chart is optimistic to say the least. Without the "Green" angle I don`t think hardly anyone would switch from other products.

If you want "Green" and strong try an online product called Bio Green Clean. It`s supposed to be a new generation green cleaner made from plants - " leafy green vegetables, edible seeds and seed bearing plants" - And I heard great things about it, like cleaning BBQ grills and like that. So I bought some.

I tried to clean 40 years of crud off of my fathers garage workbench (he never ever cleaned it) - tar, nicotine, grease, paint, asbestos dust from brakes, concrete dist, and countless other ` brown` things that nothing else really cut through.

I tried fantastic, simple green, 409, "orange cleaners", a few soaps/degreasers, paint thinner... and it eventually looked cleaner but always felt dirty/grimy to the touch.

Then I tried diluted BGC, about 5-1, and couldn`t believe the grime that still came off! Then I felt that old piece of formica that made up it`s top and it felt CLEAN. Like really clean, like kitchen table clean, not an old workbench in a filthy cramped garage/workshop.

I`ve since used it on numerous other jobs at varying solutions and it`s worked wonders everywhere. In fact I was thinking of starting a thread to see if anyone else used this stuff.

In fact it`s so safe and non toxic that on the dilution chart they even list "babies"!

Yup, the "baby bottom" dilution ratio is 7 to 1. :)

http://www.biogreenclean.com/virtualoffice_files/Additional_Uses_and_Dilution_Ratios.pdf

Website: Bio Green Clean | Natural Cleaners | Non-toxic Cleaners | Stain and Odor Remover | Pet Odor Remover (http://www.biogreenclean.com/)

mborner
12-02-2009, 02:00 PM
I found it to be just OK but the dilution chart is optimistic to say the least. Without the "Green" angle I don`t think hardly anyone would switch from other products.

If you want "Green" and strong try an online product called Bio Green Clean. It`s supposed to be a new generation green cleaner made from plants - " leafy green vegetables, edible seeds and seed bearing plants" - And I heard great things about it, like cleaning BBQ grills and like that. So I bought some.

I tried to clean 40 years of crud off of my fathers garage workbench (he never ever cleaned it) - tar, nicotine, grease, paint, asbestos dust from brakes, concrete dist, and countless other ` brown` things that nothing else really cut through.

I tried fantastic, simple green, 409, "orange cleaners", a few soaps/degreasers, paint thinner... and it eventually looked cleaner but always felt dirty/grimy to the touch.

Then I tried diluted BGC, about 5-1, and couldn`t believe the grime that still came off! Then I felt that old piece of formica that made up it`s top and it felt CLEAN. Like really clean, like kitchen table clean, not an old workbench in a filthy cramped garage/workshop.

I`ve since used it on numerous other jobs at varying solutions and it`s worked wonders everywhere. In fact I was thinking of starting a thread to see if anyone else used this stuff.

In fact it`s so safe and non toxic that on the dilution chart they even list "babies"!

Yup, the "baby bottom" dilution ratio is 7 to 1. :)

http://www.biogreenclean.com/virtualoffice_files/Additional_Uses_and_Dilution_Ratios.pdf

Website: Bio Green Clean | Natural Cleaners | Non-toxic Cleaners | Stain and Odor Remover | Pet Odor Remover (http://www.biogreenclean.com/)

Sounds great but, hugely expensive. For $89 a gallon, it`d better perform miracles.

jordachep
12-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Simple green (or any degreaser) should never be used on any fabrics of a car.

You use shampoo because of the chemical make up. Shampoos have brighteners and softeners specifically for fabrics, as well as a proper formula to not damage anything.

You might as well buy your mother dish wash soap for Christmas and tell her to use it as a body wash and then use it on her hair.

If you run a business, you run a big risk of running into someone that took chem101 and getting really upset. They might sue or demand you replace the carpets. Even though you may not see any visible damage, you are inflicting irreversible damage.

I suggest buying proper chemicals, especially for the less durable interiors of cars. Educate your customers on the fact that most detailers actually damage and not clean interiors. You`re customer will see you as a true professional and keep coming back.

Passrat
12-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Sounds great but, hugely expensive. For $89 a gallon, it`d better perform miracles.

Well like I said it works great diluted. I never have used it full strength, there never been a need to go past 5 to 1. And 10 and 20 to 1 works great too on normal dirt/grime.

It stripped the multiple layers of Klasse SG off my wheels at about 30 to 1!(I didn`t mean to do that... it was an accident.) :nixweiss

The gallon says it makes 4 to 10 gallons of cleaner. And at 10 to 1 I`d say it`s at least as strong as simple green straight. If not stronger.

It was originally made for use in hydroponic greenhouses as something that would clean dirt, molds, and pipes, yet not harm the plants. And then they realized that they had made something more. A new kind of cleaner.

craigdt
12-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Simple green (or any degreaser) should never be used on any fabrics of a car.

You use shampoo because of the chemical make up. Shampoos have brighteners and softeners specifically for fabrics, as well as a proper formula to not damage anything.

You might as well buy your mother dish wash soap for Christmas and tell her to use it as a body wash and then use it on her hair.

If you run a business, you run a big risk of running into someone that took chem101 and getting really upset. They might sue or demand you replace the carpets. Even though you may not see any visible damage, you are inflicting irreversible damage.

I suggest buying proper chemicals, especially for the less durable interiors of cars. Educate your customers on the fact that most detailers actually damage and not clean interiors. You`re customer will see you as a true professional and keep coming back.

Interesting post. I think that you would find that a lot of us use some sort of APC for stain removal and such on interiors.

jfelbab
12-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Do some research on the web and you will conclude that the term "green" relates to the color of the product not to it`s environmental goodness.

Spawne32
12-03-2009, 03:38 AM
Do some research on the web and you will conclude that the term "green" relates to the color of the product not to it`s environmental goodness.

thats what i figured, cus it always seemed to be a pretty damn harsh product to be honest