PDA

View Full Version : M105 or Powergloss?

BumbleBeeGTO
11-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Hey guys. I just wetsanded my hood with 1500 grit, then 2000 grit. I have an aftermarket paintjob with really hard clear. I thought SIP on the yellow pad would take it all out, but I was wrong. I am getting about 90% of it out on the yellow pad at speed 6 on the PC. This is with doing 2 or 3 passes also. Anyway, what has more cut, M105 or Menzerna Powergloss?

Right now I am doing a 3 step with SIP on yellow speed 6, then IP on the coarse green pad on speed 5, then Im going to do FPII on the blue pad. I thought about maybe doing the same thing when I get a stroner polish, only using the new polish on yellow and following with SIP on orange.

Anyway what polish would you suggest?

stilez
11-28-2009, 11:31 AM
If you have either, PowerGloss will cut better, especially for wetsanding mark removal. If you have it, or want an even better compound for defects like that, pick up some Hi-Temp Extreme Cut.

efnfast
11-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Try SIP and a PFW.

IMHO, don`t use powergloss - that **** is NASTY. It`s like rocks in a bottle on steroids and meth ..... I`ve seen 1 application remove like 9microns of clear :cooleek:

stilez
11-28-2009, 12:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC02648.jpg

The `power` of PowerGloss. 3 passes on a LC Yellow Pad. It works very well, just know you are using a very abrasive product. It will break down, it will dust, but for deep defects, its hard to beat.

mc01ta
11-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Power Gloss doesn`t get much attention on this board and as all other menzerna polishes this one shouldn`t be overlooked. It definitely is a strong compound and should be used more of a last resort if SIP isn`t cutting it. It does dust quite a bit as most menzerna polishes do. It will take out pretty much anything you throw at it. I`ve even used it on glass to remove scratches and it finished great!

I do not have 105 nor do have any experience with it yet. Power Gloss is not finicky in how to use it. I would definitely start with a white pad then possibly an orange before you move to a yellow compounding pad. I`ve had nice results from using it with a 5.5 white pad on a pc, just takes time to break down but will help with some of the marring you may get if you use a yellow pad. Usually with an orange I can remove whatever I want.

imported_DJ Mayo
11-28-2009, 04:42 PM
M105 and SIP cut are very similar. 105 might be a smidget more aggressive but Powergloss is a serious leveler.

gmblack3
11-28-2009, 07:40 PM
IF you are using a PC as you stated, then you want M105 w a orange LC flat pad, the surbuf pads work great w/ M105 too.

BumbleBeeGTO
11-28-2009, 08:34 PM
M105 and SIP cut are very similar. 105 might be a smidget more aggressive but Powergloss is a serious leveler.

Yeah, we did a bit of testing doing 105 VS SIP, and the difference was minimal on my friends spoiler. But working with much harder clear like mine right now I wasn`t sure if 105 would cut it. Thanks for the help guys.