PDA

View Full Version : inck stain , what is your go to product ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_flatstick
11-27-2009, 09:40 AM
well it finally happened. my wife go a ink mark on the headliner of my new Honda. before I tackle it I want to see what the members of Autopia say is their go to ink stain remover. I have Folex, kids and pets as well as apc and woolite. the headliner is a light gray color and I want to make sure I get it gone without killing the headliner in the process. Folex and kids and pets has not let me down for customers cars but hey we are talking about an Autopian`s car here LOL ! what say you ?

Roger Koh
11-27-2009, 01:00 PM
1. Types of Ink stain?

Ballpoint

Felt

Permanent Marker

2. Material of Headliner?

Roger Koh

Leather DoctorŽ

imported_flatstick
11-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Roger Koh

The type of ink stain is from a ballpoint pen. the headliner is light fabric material , color is grey. I know you are the leather expert but maybe you have some ideas here as well. here is a pic of the interior, it would be on the left hand side as you look at it right below the visor. the picture is the last on on the bottom of the right hand side, with the sunroof and grey headliner. 2010 Honda CR-V - Interior Photo Gallery - Official Honda Site (http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-v/interior-photos.aspx)

Roger Koh
11-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Do not use alcohol or solvent.

Neither use a water based product.

You will regret!

My recommended procedure works many a time safely.

If you are still interested, PM me.

Roger Koh

Leather DoctorŽ

IICRC #942

Leather Care Technician

Master Textile Cleaner

Master Fire & Smoke Restorer

Journeyman Water Restorer

Since 1973

Dan
11-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Aquanet hair spray (aerosol) , then use the APC to remove the hair spray. It works amazingly well. Since this sounds far fetched, try it on an old t-shirt, write something in ink, then use the hair spray on it.

Roger Koh
11-27-2009, 11:39 PM
What is the main function of Hair-Spray?

Roger Koh

Leather DoctorŽ

Dan
11-28-2009, 09:49 AM
What is the main function of Hair-Spray?

Roger Koh

Leather DoctorŽ

In this case? The solvents in the hair spray break down the ink, the polymers in the hair spray hold the ink in suspension and are easily washed away with an APC.

If you are being coy, then why don`t you think about what carnauba wax is actually meant for.... amazing its also great at protecting car paint too...

jaidedeye
11-28-2009, 10:19 AM
acetone got ink out of my carpet in my house. my dog chewed up an pen...try at your own risk on a headliner

bogi094
11-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Aquanet hair spray (aerosol) , then use the APC to remove the hair spray. It works amazingly well. Since this sounds far fetched, try it on an old t-shirt, write something in ink, then use the hair spray on it.

does this work on pen marks on leather?

Innovative Detailing
11-28-2009, 10:54 AM
I had a client who once arrived at the local airport in his private jet, his pilot called me for a detail emergency situation...So I go out to the tarmack to see what the urgency was, and the pilot shows me this ink spot on the custom leather seating. I take a dab of "Isoprophyl Alcohol" and instantly it was gone...Folllowed up with some premium leather conditioner and this 911 emergency was over.....$150.00 dollars later, customer was off for Vegas!

Roger Koh
11-28-2009, 04:05 PM
In this case? The solvents in the hair spray break down the ink, the polymers in the hair spray hold the ink in suspension and are easily washed away with an APC.

If you are being coy, then why don`t you think about what carnauba wax is actually meant for.... amazing its also great at protecting car paint too...

============

So how long is the dwelling time to cause the suspension?

What are the method or technique to washes with an APC

What is an APC and its concentration?

Roger Koh

Leather DoctorŽ

IICRC #942

Leather Care Technician

Master Textile Cleaner

Master Fire & Smoke Restorer

Journeyman Water Restorer

Since 1973

imported_flatstick
11-28-2009, 04:53 PM
thanks for the suggestions so far guys. Roger, I sent you a pm. keep the ideas rolling everybody.

Dan
11-28-2009, 05:29 PM
does this work on pen marks on leather?

I have had great luck with it on fabric, haven`t had to try it on leather. I even had a ballpoint pen break and go through the wash and dryer and removed the stains from a lot of clothes. Roger might have a way for leather, but he won`t post anything of value because he wants you to PM him for his sales pitch. The OP better be ready for one when he PM`s him.

Dan
11-28-2009, 05:32 PM
How to Remove Ballpoint Pen Ink Stains From Fabric | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/how_13427_remove-ballpoint-pen.html)

Looks like hairspray might work on leather...

"Thank you so much!! Just bought a $400 coach purse LAST NIGHT, and stupidly put a pen there today when I went to use it for the first time...got home and the damn pen had opened and scribbled ALL OVER my new purse!! And now it`s all gone - hairspray totally did the trick!! :)"

imported_flatstick
11-28-2009, 06:17 PM
yakky

Thanks for your advice on the ink stain. I am going to post a pic of the stain tomorrow so everybody can see what we are dealing with. have not tried anything on it yet as I did not want to smear it around. I have hear of people using hairspay and such, just worried about the headliner glue behind the fabric.