PDA

View Full Version : Gloves While Detailing

hunter1990
11-25-2009, 06:33 AM
Do you find it best to wear gloves while working, or just go barehanded?

If so, what type of gloves: Rubber, latex, disposable non-latex, or mechanics gloves etc....?

BobD
11-25-2009, 06:56 AM
For the most part I don`t wear rubber gloves on the exterior but sometimes do on the interior. If I do I just use disposable rubber gloves.

jeteast99
11-25-2009, 08:01 AM
I use blue nitrile gloves when cleaning wheels and tires.

rcrobbins
11-25-2009, 09:03 AM
I`ve made nitrile gloves into an almost compulsive habit. Whenever I get a car in for paint/body I made it a shop religion that no car ever be touched without them, owners of the car are no exception. The oils from anyone`s hands could wreak havoc during paint, be it from deodorant, hair gel, tooth paste, grease from foods, driving cars that have ever been armor all`ed. Also, personal safety is a major concern. Many simple everyday body shop and detailing chemicals have unknown long term effects on human health. I don`t trust the guy in white lab jackets telling me a product should be safe for everyday use. On another note, my hands are always clean and no prints on freshly waxed door handles!

uberyk
11-25-2009, 09:20 AM
I`ve always got a box of blue nitrile gloves handy.

Only time I don`t use them is when I`m taping up the trim.

I even use em when I`m washing the car.

It keeps my hands from reeking of car wash soap for hours and hours.

Nitrile also doesn`t leave that nasty lingering smell on your hands like latex gloves will.

Guess I have a thing with lingering odors on my hands...

vtec92civic
11-25-2009, 09:39 AM
i as well use gloves but generally when i`m only working with really oily stuff or things like water spot removers or degreasers for a long period of time.

I need to try some blue nitrile gloves though.

Make it shine!
11-25-2009, 09:40 AM
I always wear blue nitrile gloaves when i`m wokring on a car. Interior or exterior doesn`t matter, I don`t want to smell the chemicals all day and night plus my wife hates the smell of most selants and such. Also its to be on the safe side with the chemicals.

Accumulator
11-25-2009, 11:07 AM
I wear rubber dishwashing gloves when washing (and when using the steamer too), and either the blue nitrile or latex gloves when doing anything else where I want to protect my hands or the vehicle.

Candor
11-25-2009, 11:55 AM
I like the blue nitrile gloves as said earlier never know with these chemicals

salty
11-25-2009, 12:42 PM
It is usually the first thing I do when open the door. It took awhile to get used to them, but it is second nature now.

BigAl3
11-25-2009, 02:01 PM
you can find the blue nitrile gloves (or latex) at harbor freight for pretty cheap...

jaynick808
11-25-2009, 02:15 PM
i get my nitrile gloves from costco, they go on sale like 4 times a year.

Atlantic Euro
11-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Depends on what I`m doing.