PDA

View Full Version : Bleach on Carpet

ibidu1
11-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi guys! I have a small problem! I have a vehicle that has gray carpet in it, the problem is there is a small thin line of what looks like bleach was spilled on it. I am looking for something that will match and last.

The SEM vinyl/carpet spray stuff I have used in the past and it is garbage for carpets. Do you think I can buy cloth dye, heat it on a stove and dab a little on the bleach line. Has anyone ever tried it? Any Success in that method?

BobD
11-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Any carpet dye should work well. We use Hi-Tech

ibidu1
11-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Any carpet dye should work well. We use Hi-Tech

That stuff is only temporary, I have used it before with no luck. The are is in the rear seat next to the footing. So it will get traffic, and those dye spray paints have not worked for me.

BobD
11-24-2009, 03:35 PM
That stuff is only temporary, I have used it before with no luck. The are is in the rear seat next to the footing. So it will get traffic, and those dye spray paints have not worked for me.

Maybe you did something wrong because what I`ve always used is permanent and will never come off. I did the entire interior, dash, carpet, seats on a 1977 Corvette about 12 years ago and it still looks like new.