PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Wet Diamond Application Question

jw
11-23-2009, 10:00 PM
When you guys apply Wet Diamond, do you apply it to the whole car and then let it dry for a while before removing or do you apply to one panel and then remove. The directions say to do the latter, but it still seems to work better if you let it dry for longer. The weather is fairly cold which may be why? what do you guys do?

RaskyR1
11-23-2009, 10:06 PM
When you guys apply Wet Diamond, do you apply it to the whole car and then let it dry for a while before removing or do you apply to one panel and then remove. The directions say to do the latter, but it still seems to work better if you let it dry for longer. The weather is fairly cold which may be why? what do you guys do?

I will apply to the whole car and let it dry for about 15-20 minutes, but I have also applied it to each panel and removed it right away. You really can`t go wrong no matter how you apply it and it really seems to just come down to personal preference.

Hey, Moe!
11-23-2009, 10:12 PM
What Rasky said. Works well either way. I did a panel at a time, but come spring, I might go the "Rasky route."

I hate the phrase "Win-win," but in this case it is true.

Rob Tomlin
11-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Having just used it, it *seemed* like I needed to leave it on longer than what the instructions said. It still came off very easily, even after leaving it on for 10-15 minutes.

RaskyR1
11-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Having just used it, it *seemed* like I needed to leave it on longer than what the instructions said. It still came off very easily, even after leaving it on for 10-15 minutes.

Yeah, if you decide to let it dry you still need to do the swipe test. ;)

There is a long thread on TID about applying it. :2thumbs:

Cholleman
11-24-2009, 07:12 AM
is it necessary to top with carnuba or is it durable enough to leave it as is?

RaskyR1
11-24-2009, 10:09 AM
is it necessary to top with carnuba or is it durable enough to leave it as is?

You should get 4-6 months with just the BFWD

Cleaning Fool
11-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Ive let it sit 2 hours with no problems.

Junebug
11-24-2009, 12:03 PM
BFWD is the only LSP I`ve ever used where I couldn`t F... it up, thick or thin, right after applying or waiting a couple hours - it works, and works well. I prefer to use a LC gold pad via my PC to apply.

Cleaning Fool
11-24-2009, 12:06 PM
And a little goes a long long way.

Flashtime
11-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Curious, how does it compare with HD POXY? For those that tried it, of course.