PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z-AIO issue

P1et
11-23-2009, 12:50 PM
I recently acquired a bottle of Z-AIO to replace the Z-1 that I`m almost out of. I tried it on our Explorer yesterday, and I found it very hard to remove. I am hoping someone can chime in to assist with the issue.

1) Washed car with CG CWG

2) Dried

3) Applied Z-AIO with the PC and a blue CCS pad

4) Let it sit for 15 minutes

5) Removed with a clean MF

I could see where I was removing the Z-AIO, but I was not removing all of it as it left a very hazy finish. I had to go over the entire vehicle with Z-8 to remove it all, and often, my MF would "stick" to the paint hard which made it a real hassle.

Looks fine now, but it wasn`t worth all the trouble. I`m pissed that they don`t sell Z-1 any longer, that stuff was fantastic.

Any ideas?

Setec Astronomy
11-23-2009, 12:54 PM
I have the same problems with ZAIO. According to their website, it was designed for hand application. It was suggested that I used too much, but I find it difficult when using it by machine to hit the sweet spot between dry buffing, and having an amount that leaves the hazing you describe.

You might want to try the Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent, many have described that as being a similar product to Z1 and I think some have used it interchangeably.

P1et
11-23-2009, 01:59 PM
I have the same problems with ZAIO. According to their website, it was designed for hand application. It was suggested that I used too much, but I find it difficult when using it by machine to hit the sweet spot between dry buffing, and having an amount that leaves the hazing you describe.

You might want to try the Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent, many have described that as being a similar product to Z1 and I think some have used it interchangeably.

Thanks for the feedback, and I`m glad I`m not the only one with the issue. I will try the hand application method next time, see if it makes a difference.

I don`t see how it would, as I was able to get it on quite thin with the machine. But who knows...

P1et
11-23-2009, 02:08 PM
And if it matters, I had the PC on speed 3 or 4. Would bumping it up to 6 make a difference?

Setec Astronomy
11-23-2009, 02:21 PM
I dunno, now that I think about it, I`ve had a similar problem with KAIO by machine. As you go along and the pad gets saturated, you have more on there than you think, and under the right conditions can flash it to a hardened mess, particularly on panel edges. The KAIO gets hard vs. the ZAIO getting gummy/smeary. I`ve only used the ZAIO a couple times by machine, but I`d think the higher speed would be worse.