PDA

View Full Version : Karcher PW & foam cannon

jb1
11-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Guys,

I need your help. I have an electric Karcher PW model 5.85 from Costco and I`m trying to figure out if I can attach a foam cannon to this model. I think I may have to buy a different gun & hose but because it`s connected in the roll up handle, I`m not even sure I can get to it.

If this model won`t work with a foam cannon, would you mind posting pictures of your electric PW so I can see what type of "gun" I need? I`ve seen several references to a "bayonet" style - what exactly is this and what other styles are there?

I had a gas Craftsman that bit the dust several years ago and it had the metal wand. Do most gas models have the necessary hardware from the start so you can just buy a foam cannon and slap it on?

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/jimmybobby1/karcher.jpg

BigAl3
11-22-2009, 08:55 PM
i have a smaller 1400 psi karcher and if you order the foam cannon from AG, you won`t need anything else. just make sure to get the right fitting, in my case was the karcher k-series (second to the right)...

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2081_30010482

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/HP-attachments.jpg

Barry Theal
11-22-2009, 08:57 PM
BigAl3 do you have one of these things? what are your thoughts about them?

BigAl3
11-22-2009, 09:09 PM

yes, i have the foam cannon from AG. right now, i use the foam gun (the one that hooks up to the garden hose) more often (i pre-soak and use it while washing), but it may change when winter weather with all the mud, salt, grime, etc. they both have their uses...

p.s. it`s on sale right now ($99.99 sale/regular $119.99) and use the " ago " for free shipping (save $15.95), which will outweigh the 10% discount of $10...

jb1
11-22-2009, 09:10 PM
[quote name=`BigAl3`]i have a smaller 1400 psi karcher and if you order the foam cannon from AG, you won`t need anything else.

BigAl3,

I just detach the black plastic "wand" from the "pistol" and use the fitting supplied by AG to the pistol? What`s the male brass nipple for? Do you have a picture of your setup? ;)

Emile
11-22-2009, 09:12 PM

I have a Karcher K3.67M and an AG foam cannon. It`s quite amazing, with the right car wash soap and mixture, you can make it look like a snow storm just hit your car.

It`s for fun though, not really necessity.

BigAl3
11-22-2009, 09:19 PM
BigAl3,

I just detach the black plastic "wand" from the "pistol" and use the fitting supplied by AG to the pistol? What`s the male brass nipple for? Do you have a picture of your setup? ;)

the brass double sided nipple on one side connects to the open end in the pic above (to the right of where says " pressure ", and the other side of the nipple connects to the fitting. then you just attach it to the end of the wand (for the karcher you push in and twist) and you are set...

p.s. i don`t have a digi cam :(

jb1
11-22-2009, 09:37 PM
the brass double sided thread nipple on one side connects to the open end in the pic above (to the right of where says " pressure ", and the other side of the nipple connects to the fitting. then you just attach it to the end of the wand (for the karcher you push in and twist) and you are set...

p.s. i don`t have a digi cam :(

Thanks for the info! I guess I`m going to give it a shot. I appreciate your help on this. :xyxthumbs

BigAl3
11-22-2009, 09:38 PM
It`s for fun though, not really necessity.

yeah, that`s why i said they both have their uses. when using the foam gun (again, the one that connects to the garden hose), it`s nice to be able to pre-soak AND use it while you wash (using it as only a pre-soak is waste IMO). rather than use a bucket where you dip your wash media in and go right to whatever panel you wash - it`s different with the foam gun because you can spray every panel , and follow with your wash media right behind it, and it`s consistent lubrication if that makes any sense. while the foam gun may not be for everyone, i love mine...

Double Dizzle
11-22-2009, 10:46 PM
yeah, that`s why i said they both have their uses. when using the foam gun (again, the one that connects to the garden hose), it`s nice to be able to pre-soak AND use it while you wash (using it as only a pre-soak is waste IMO). rather than use a bucket where you dip your wash media in and go right to whatever panel you wash - it`s different with the foam gun because you can spray every panel , and follow with your wash media right behind it, and it`s consistent lubrication if that makes any sense. while the foam gun may not be for everyone, i love mine...

That is how I have started washing my cars lately....but I just have one of the $10 nozzles at Lowe`s with the liquid canister attachment....which still works well, but a real foam gun is definitely a purchase I will make before spring. Just gotta decide whether I want brass or plastic fittings before then :scared:

jb1
11-23-2009, 07:39 AM

That`s how I use my foam gun now. I do use it for a pre-soak `cause I figured it was better than nothing, but the foam cannon appears to be more effective........and fun. lol

SuperBee364
11-23-2009, 11:42 AM
I use the foam cannon every day that I`m home, weather permitting.

BigAl3
11-23-2009, 01:09 PM
That`s how I use my foam gun now. I do use it for a pre-soak `cause I figured it was better than nothing, but the foam cannon appears to be more effective........and fun. lol

the foam cannon will give thicker clinging foam and using the pressure washer will blast of more dirt (which like i said will come in handy when the harder winter weather hits) effectively than a garden hose, but i like being being able to use the foam gun and being able to spray each panel and follow it up with the wash media as i wash. most who use the foam cannon and pressure washer still have to follow up with a traditonal bucket wash...