PDA

View Full Version : Product Line comparison OPT vs Prima

cptzippy
11-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Got a question about product lines that I`ve been using. Since I got into detailing in about `05 I`ve used predominantly Prima products and all in all been happy. After trying ONR, I`m giving a lot of the OPT products a try. Did my first OOS (optiseal) application today and even though it was a bit humid was pretty good. My plan is to use the remainder of my Prima stuff on my wife`s car and use the OPT on mine and see what I like better.

Here`s the question: which products are roughly equivalent as far as durability etc?

Prima: OPT:

Epic Optiseal? (roughly 3-6 mos)

Banana Gloss Optiseal or OCW (roughly 1-2 mos)

Hydro OCW? (rougle 2-4 weeks)

This might help me see which I like better. If the Optiseal lasts as long as the Epic (ie a few months) then it is definitely a lot better where as if it lasts as long as the BG then it`s more of a draw and I`ll go with looks.

TIA,

Tony

rwisejr
11-21-2009, 09:00 PM
I have all most of the Prima line and some Optimum products. I love ONR and use it alot. As far as the Epic compared to OS . OS ieasier in application and durability i would say would be in about the same range. But I personally like the look of Epic better as It has more of the nuba glow and is slicker. I also have Banna gloss and Hydro. But I have never used OCW so I can`t compare. But I do really like the look of BG and ease of application

blake_jl
11-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Hydro and OCW are product equivalents.

I don`t think Optimum have a product like Banana Gloss (or any other brand for that matter).