PDA

View Full Version : OID and OOS ?

cptzippy
11-21-2009, 05:33 PM
I have applied the first go round of Opti-seal to my car and want to do a second application tomorrow. Would OID be ok to get the dust off? Would QD strength ONR be better?

May try to put one coat on first thing tomorrow and then one in the early evening for a full three applications to get me through the winter - how does that sound? (Will put OCW on after the last application of OOS)

TIA,

Tony

gdal
11-21-2009, 05:51 PM
I have applied the first go round of Opti-seal to my car and want to do a second application tomorrow. Would OID be ok to get the dust off? Would QD strength ONR be better?

May try to put one coat on first thing tomorrow and then one in the early evening for a full three applications to get me through the winter - how does that sound? (Will put OCW on after the last application of OOS)

TIA,

Tony

I would use OID to get the dust off. I think you should be fine with three applications and OCW as the last coat. I would do ONR washes and OCW applications during the winter to maintain the OS protection.

cptzippy
11-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Gianni D,

Thanks. That`s what I was planning.

gdal
11-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Gianni D,

Thanks. That`s what I was planning.

No problem ... I love Optimum products, but this year I decided to use Collinite 845 as my winter LSP. I did two coats of 845 and topped it off with OCW. I`m maintaining it with ONR washes and OCW quick touch ups.

845 might take a little bit longer to apply than an OS application, but the beading and protection is insane. OS tends to lose its beading ability after approx. 2 months, based on my experience last winter.