PDA

View Full Version : I`d like to make over your website.

Pages : [1] 2 3

602rwtq
11-21-2009, 04:29 PM
It`s time for a useful thread about detailer websites.

Important topics:

1. Clean, easy to navigate design.

2. Useful, frequently-updated content.

3. Search engine rankings (this is separating profitable from unprofitable detail shops today.)

4. Pay Per Click advertising (Google advertising for terms like "Miami car detailing")

5. User reviews.

6. Mailing lists.

7. Craiglist advertising.

8. Traffic monitoring (know who is visiting your site, when they are visiting, what they are searching for when they find you, and if your traffic is increasing monthly).

If you have an existing site that needs a make over, I`ll do it for free, as long as I can document the make over here in this thread.

The make over will include:

1. Complete redesign. Clean graphics, easy-to-navigate menus, blog, etc. $400 value.

2. On-page search engine optimization (SEO). Add critical keywords ("Miami car detailing") to the site, in correct ratios, on page and in meta tags. $100 value.

3. Off-page SEO. Build links to the website from high ranking sites to improve search engine rankings. This is perhaps the most important aspect of traffic building these days, and under-discussed here on Autopia. $400 value.

4. PPC (pay per click campaign). Set up a paid search engine campaign for Google. $50 value. I`ll fund the campaign for two weeks. If you want to continue, you can choose to fund there on.

5. Pro-quality craigslist ad. Photos, graphics, posted to the top every day. $100 value.

6. Google analytics tracking. Get daily reports on your website about the traffic visiting your site daily. $50 value.

As you can clearly see, you`re getting great value for volunteering your site for a make over here. Please pm me with your URL if interested. I`ll choose a site within 5 days, and get started documenting the makeover here in this thread. Any one with a website will want to follow the thread as we create a cleaner site that brings in significantly more customers, and ultimately, sales.

Scottwax
11-21-2009, 04:45 PM
You`d have to work with my brother since he admins my site and he is the one with access changing it. However, his business and family obligations mean my site hasn`t been updated in a long time.

We can`t post our websites, so you have to look at our profiles.

tenorplayer23
11-21-2009, 05:34 PM
How about other websites or creating new ones? Are you in the business of doing this...??

Thx.

See ya. :wavey

imported_Maximum
11-21-2009, 05:35 PM
I could definitley use your help. Are you versed in making flash. My buddy has a program that helps you make the site but it`s so professional the learning curve is going to play havoc on me. Especialy since I`m spending so much time researching proper technique`s of the rotary polisher. I would like to have someone build the site, but i spent all my dough on equipment and supplies. PM me if your interested.

GlossyTundra
11-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey bud I would definitely be interested in you making over my website. It was designed by a friend of mine and looks a little "amature". I would love to have a more impressive website to showcase my work.

Please let me know, I`d kill for this. PM Sent.

Candor
11-21-2009, 06:58 PM
I`ve been working on my website its really patch-work together, got no problem paying you if you want to re-vamp it. Basically I want / need a dynamic site that can change as I change ex; a photo gallery that parses folders for images, a blog, and a page with services provided ( doesn`t have to be dynamic persay ), and a contact form, I sent ya a PM

IC3DT3
11-21-2009, 07:01 PM
I`d definitely be interested in this project. My site is rather basic as of now and I`ve only been able to do some minor SEO. I already have an adwords campaign set up that you could revamp, too.

602rwtq
11-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Hi guys. Thanks for all the responses.

Keep them coming!

602rwtq
11-21-2009, 07:35 PM
I could definitley use your help. Are you versed in making flash. My buddy has a program that helps you make the site but it`s so professional the learning curve is going to play havoc on me. Especialy since I`m spending so much time researching proper technique`s of the rotary polisher. I would like to have someone build the site, but i spent all my dough on equipment and supplies. PM me if your interested.

Flash was once a popular tool but is not currently recommended. It might look "cool", but search engines dislike flash presentations. The keywords that make you rank high are not recongized in flash.

Also note that visitors to your website may spend less than 60 seconds there and will not wait for your flash shows to complete.

The current trend in site design for small businesses is to create simple, easy-to-navigate websites with lots of unique content that ranks well in search engines.

You have to make your point QUICKLY or the reader will move on to the next site on his "to see" list.

fergnation
11-21-2009, 07:59 PM
I would love to have someone work on my site. I think it sucks!!!! I have tons of really cool cars that I have done and would love to showcase them better. Actually I got tired of messing with it and just let it sit there now. So if you so desire in picking my site it would be a great help.

imported_DJ Mayo
11-21-2009, 08:13 PM
If your serious about this, PM me. I`ll compensate you for your time as well. I did my website in about 4 hours by myself 2 years ago. Wow how the time has changed.

602rwtq
11-22-2009, 12:57 PM
If your serious about this, PM me. I`ll compensate you for your time as well. I did my website in about 4 hours by myself 2 years ago. Wow how the time has changed.

PM sent.

Think of your website as a professional salesman on your staff that sells your service 24 hours a day to strangers around the world. He has to make a unique, compelling point and make it QUICKLY.

A good website should be attracting and converting at least 25% of your business. So if you have yearly sales of $100k, this is $25,000. Yet, most small businesses don`t take their website seriously enough. They invest thousands in improving their technical excellence, when their real problem is not enough customers. Customers that a proper Internet website and Internet campaign can deliver.

MarcHarris
11-22-2009, 05:08 PM
I am also very interested. Depending on work needed / done / performed, we might be able to compensate you for your skills and time.

We`re very happy with our overall lay-out and design at this time, but professional attention to detail would go a very long way to taking it to the next step.

Tracking of information and meta-tags are huge things for us to improve on

602rwtq
11-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the PMs guys. Keep them coming.

Ideally, I`d like to make over a business that works in a large city with lots of Internet traffic to draw from.

Bobby G
11-23-2009, 10:07 AM
If you have an existing site that needs a make over, I`ll do it for free, as long as I can document the make over here in this thread.

Robert, This is a very generous offer.

So, am I to read into this that for those pro detailers who do not yet have a website for their business that your provide your service for $400?