PDA

View Full Version : Pro Detailers - Pressure washer in winter question

GregCavi
12-11-2005, 02:05 AM
HI everyone!!

I have a pressure washer on my xmas list this year and am pretty sure I will get it. I was wondering what you mobile guys do when using the pressure washer is winter. Specifically what the temps should, freezing water on driveway issues, etc. If it is warm enough for water not to freeze all over the car and on the clients driveway I would like to pressure wash off some salt from the vehicles and then QEW. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Greg

jason(england)
12-11-2005, 03:42 AM
pressure washers are the way forward my freind speeds the washing process and gives a better final job.
Will make wheel cleaning a lot easier too.

Regards .
Jay

jlift
12-12-2005, 01:57 PM
I just got to try out my pressure washer today. I originally had the 1800 PSI 15 AMP one from Harbor Freight ($129 on sale), but it did nothing buy trip my electrical control panel, even though it has 20 amp circuits....had to exchange it for the 13 AMP, which worked just fine, but is 1300 PSI instead. I was expecting a tremendous force of water, but I would say that what I got was about 4-5 times as strong as a nozzle with the most forceful setting. But, it did a great job and I will continue to use it. I ain`t gonna return this one ($89). But I DO HAVE A QUESTION. Does anyone know of a good replacement pressure washer gun (wand) that will hook up to this? I think that the gun and wand that they include with this particular unit is very shoddy and crappy. Can I just buy a Gun (wand) and hose and will it be good to go? I am looking for something stainless steel.

Thanks, again!

Jack.

For those of you interested, here is the link...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45802