PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with Menz questions

SLICK1
11-19-2009, 10:46 AM
I am using P0203 with orange LC on XP, then switching to 106FA, should i use white or gray LC?? Will the 203 finish to LSP ready?

I`m guessing there`s alot of combinations, i`m just trying to not be redundant (waste product) or take too large of steps in my processes.

What is the advantage of wiping with IPA before my 845? I assume it would be necessary if i was using a sealant?

Would a glaze after the 106FA before my LSP really improve looks? My sample panel says no?

I`ll get some pics on here soon, car is `06 4runner , salsa red.

Thanks guys!

carmine1149
11-19-2009, 11:05 AM
I love working with P0203 on an XP just like you. I`ll then switch to 085RD as a finish polish. The reason for wiping with IPA is to rid the paint of any carrier oils left over from the polish, so that when you wax or seal the car, you`re dealing with putting your LSP over freshly polished paint, and not oil. Can you stop right after using the P0203 and go directly to LSP? I don`t know - maybe. What I`d be on the lookout for would be maybe some halograms. That`s why I think the 085RD is a good extra step to take..Carmine

vtec92civic
11-19-2009, 11:14 AM
as previously mentioned . . . . . the power finish could finish down LSP read depending on the pad combo. I would however foll up with either 106F or jewel the paint with p085rd on a black or blue pad.

Once that is done do a quick IPA wipe down. At that point you can either choose to go straight to a wax/sealant or you can add a glaze in there to add more slickness to the paint and enhance the look and then protect.

On something like a red 4runner it should make a pretty good difference. The prep work is where it all starts though. Your finished product is only as good as your prep.

SLICK1
11-19-2009, 07:06 PM
thanks guys, just the answers i was looking for...

Tim