PDA

View Full Version : Creases in Ford leather seats

melissa809
11-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey guys....maybe I`m just being overly anal, but I have a 2009 GT500 that I bought new in May....drive the car on weekends.....it has 5000 miles now....and have noticed a couple of creases in the driver`s seat....the sides of the seat, actually...

I am embarrassed to admit that I haven`t conditioned the seats....just vacuum and wipe with a damp cloth

My questions, please, are.....is this considered normal for automotive leather?....and what can I do to minimize the look of these creases...

Thanks

Melissa

imported_Jakerooni
11-18-2009, 10:48 PM
condition them. It would probably help a lot

Roger Koh
11-19-2009, 03:00 AM
Give an absorbency test to the creases first!

Does water "pools" on the creases or being absorbed into the leather structure?

Roger Koh

Leather DoctorŽ

judyb
11-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Most leather creases naturally. It will depend veruy much on the way the seats have been upholstered and the area on the hide that the panels have been cut from. The areas of the hide that are strongest are down the backbone but panles that are cut from belly hide will be susceptible to more stretching.

`Conditioning` will not get rid of these creases and will not help in the overall maintenance of finished leather.

It is vital to keep these areas very clean as they will be more likely to wear due to dirt and abrassion. Protecting the leather will help to keep it clean and help keep the leather hydrated to its correct level to keep it in good condition.

Hope this helps

Judy

salty
11-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Make a note with the dealer. It might be a manufacturing problem. I`ve consulted a couple new Ford truck owners in the last couple months and the seat skin was replaced.

melissa809
11-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Okay...thanks everyone for the advice....just conditioned the seats...the driver seat looks better already...guess it`s just normal wear and tear.....my DD is an 03 Mustang...let`s just say the driver seat has character...lol....

Quality Leather
11-23-2009, 05:31 PM
You should be cleaning that drivers seat or you will be in need of a replacement or extensive repair.

onebadf150
11-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I use murphy`s oil soap on my leather seats and interior pieces which seems to clean them and keep the pieces hydrated. what is a good leather cleaner and conditioner?