PDA

View Full Version : New Member From Kansas

skoobysx
11-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Hey Everyone! My names Chantale, Im From SE Kansas. Ive been doing auto detailing since 2002, havnt started my own business yet, but very interested. I know just about everything there is to know.. Haha, Ive done my share of research, thanks to you guys, Ive learned a lot from this forum so just decided to sign up and meet the best of the best.

My problem is, I have crappy credit and dont have enough money saved up to start a business. I was stupid when I got out of hs and ended up buying a four wheeler and racked up some credit cards and what not, well the 4 wheeler got repoed and Ive paid off credit cards, but credit still sucks. Im not really sure how to get financed. I have a business plan and everything I need, to start, just lacking a few things... Building, and maybe some upgrades. I already have quickbooks, and several customers. How do you do it if your stuk like me?

Any tips or tricks would be appriciated... and dont feel bad if you offend me. I just want honesty. Lay it down for me!! LoL

thanks everyone!

BobD
11-18-2009, 01:18 PM
I`m going to say you might be SOL man. It`s hard enough to get a small business loan but even harder with bad credit. I`m assuming you probably don`t have any collateral either? The bank will most likely want a house or something as collateral in case you go belly up. I`d say, in your shoes, you might want to thinking about going mobile and not worry about a building right now.

skoobysx
11-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Thats what I thought. As far as collateral, I have vehicles.. thats about it. Im pretty lucky with this small bank about 30 min away and they financed me for my current vehicle but I dont want to push my luck. Honestly, I would rather go mobile, I think there`s a bigger demand for mobile detailing now a days, but Id be losing a lot of money due to kansas` crazy wheather. So should I just stick with what Im doing and buy things one at a time and maybe when I pay my vehicle off go alittle bigger?