PDA

View Full Version : Beware Of Df Towel

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

imported_Z33Driver
11-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Order placed August 13, 2009 for some microfiber towels. Credit card charged on September 16, 2009. Here are the emails between DF Towel and I, where I try to find the status of my order. I end up cancellng my order, but haven`t received a refund yet.

August 20, 2009:

Leo,

Will you please tell me the status of my order?

August 20, 2009:

We`ll check at the warehouse in the morning but based on the date of your order it should be shipping any day now.

August 24, 2009:

Leo,

May I please have an update on the status of my order?

September 1, 2009:

Leo,

What`s the status of my order? Has it been shipped yet?

September 14, 2009:

Leo,

Will you tell me the status of my order?

September 14, 2009:

I did ask the shipping dept. to check on it and get back to you. I`ll check with them in the morning and see what happened, you should have gotten this long ago!

September 25, 2009:

Leo,

Any updates on my order? It`s been over a month now. I have been charged on my credit card but haven`t received any products.

September 29, 2009:

Leo,

Will you please follow up on my order? I haven`t received any products, it`s been over a month, and I was charged for the order on Sept. 16.

October 5, 2009:

Leo,

Checking in for a status of my order. Has it been shipped? Please give me some kind of update as it`s been well over a month.

October 6, 2009:

I apologize for the late reply to your email as I was traveling and only just returned. I am personally looking into your order and will report back to you shortly. A few months ago we moved all our warehousing and shipping to an outside warehouse who performed very poorly. About 80% of all orders shipped in a timely manner but the remaining were either totally ignored or were marked as shipped in the system but never were. I fear your order was one of the 20%. We`ve moved our shipping back in house but it`s taking a little while to catch up on all the errors committed by this independent shipper.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and, I promise, you will hear back from me very shortly.

October 9, 2009:

Leo,

You didn`t follow up with me. Did you get a chance to check the status of my order? Was it shipped?

October 15, 2009:

Leo,

You have not followed up with me once, even though you have stated that you would 3 times. It has almost been over 2 months and not only do I not have any products but I can`t even find out the status of my order. Please cancel my order and refund the charge that was placed on my credit card a month ago.

October 15, 2009:

Sorry, I have no excuse to give you... only apologies. I asked the shipping dept. to look into your order and get back to you and to cc me the info. I don`t see where this was ever done.

I`ll cancel the order right away.

October 16, 2009:

When can I expect to have the refund on my credit card?

October 20, 2009:

I haven`t received a refund yet. When will you be refunding my credit card?

October 28, 2009:

Will you please follow up to one of my emails? I`m not sure what kind of business you run, but the customer service needs a lot of work. I have not received a refund for my order. Please refund my credit card so I can be done with this.

November 17, 2009:

I take your lack of a response that you have no intention of refunding my money. I have not received any products yet I`m still out of money.

I did not receive any response from DF Towel after October 15 (the day I cancelled the order). My credit card has not been refunded either. I also called DF Towel at 866-DFTOWEL and left a message with my phone number, but haven’t received a call back.

This has been a horrible experience with this company, especially their customer service. I was very patient and gave them plenty of time to deliver, which they didn’t. To make things worse they didn’t even follow up to give me some kind of update, even though they kept telling me that they would follow up.

BEWARE OF DF TOWEL!

Street5927
11-17-2009, 03:25 PM
There was another person who had terrible service with them about a year ago. Pakshak was recommended over DF Towel. I have not ordered from either of them, so I cannot speak personally about either company, just what was posted here from other members.

RaskyR1
11-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Wow! You are VERY patient person! I would have been PO after one week! :D

akimel
11-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Call your credit card company, explain the situation, and ask them to credit your account; but do so quickly. It`s been many years since I had to resort to this measure, but if I recall correctly, there may be a time limit, after which the credit card company will not intervene. I`m not sure about that, though.

tibbsonaphone
11-17-2009, 03:41 PM
There was another thread about this a while back. I waited around 3 months for my order and got many similar excuses. IMO the twoels weren`t that fantastic anyway, they worked well for removing wax, but I much prefer Zaino Blonde towels.

This is the link to the other thread.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/115069-has-anyone-ordered-dftowel-com.html

Kean
11-17-2009, 03:58 PM
....you have a lot of patience. I would have cancelled the order long ago and disputed the charges with the CC company.

MichaelSpoots
11-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks for making us aware of this situation. I hope you eventually get your money back.

They just lost another (potential) customer. :)

craigdt
11-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I wish you would have read that other thread before you ordered.

Too bad. I wish you the best in the collection of your funds.

BigAl3
11-17-2009, 05:17 PM
this has been discussed before with many others having the same problem. i don`t care how good (if they even are) their towels are, i won`t support a person/company that practices this kind of BS. there are other places that are more deserving...

vtec92civic
11-17-2009, 06:10 PM
wow sorry to hear that man. There towels don`t look all tha tgreat anyways.

Pakshak all the way!

ALAN81
11-17-2009, 06:23 PM
DF Towel Leo is a scumbag who doesnt return e mails or calls. I get his e mails about the car shows he entered with his Lincoln. He is done and over with and your right is towels are not so good.

David Fermani
11-17-2009, 06:39 PM
I can`t believe this guy is still in business. How pathetic. Has he ever done anything that gives him a good reputation. All I read is bad news.

imported_Z33Driver
11-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I was very patient (maybe to a fault), but I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. That only goes so far, everyone has their limit. I have contacted my CC and will begin the dispute process. :angry

BigAl3
11-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I was very patient (maybe to a fault), but I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. That only goes so far, everyone has their limit. I have contacted my CC and will begin the dispute process. :angry

report him to the better business bureau as well. no one like this should be in business, period.

United States and Canada BBB Consumer and Business Reviews, Reports, Ratings, Complaints and Accredited Business Listings (http://www.bbb.org/)

Scottwax
11-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Threads like this are becoming all too common.