PDA

View Full Version : Washing With Soft Water Better?

jhorton
11-15-2009, 03:24 PM
I recently got a new house and installed a water softener. They left the outside garage tap stay as soft water. He said I will notice a difference the next time I wash my car compared to washing with hard water.

Does anyone wash with soft water? What differences if any have you noticed? I am interested to see.

dc5itr329
11-15-2009, 05:55 PM
I have one and love it. You will notice there are less contaminents in the water and it will be easy to wash the car but it will not be like dionized water. The water is much cleaner though. Depending on where you live you will want to use rust out every couple of weeks to keep the resin bed at peak performance. City and well water can be very hard.

Setec Astronomy
11-15-2009, 09:12 PM
I gave up on my CRSptoless and use my soft water from inside now. Much better washing than hard water, almost as good rinsing as the DI.

The_Alchemist
11-15-2009, 09:37 PM
The only downside is if you don`t dry completely, the water stains will be salt instead of minerals like calcium or lime. To be honest, it`s easier to remove NaCl water stains than calcium or lime, so it`s not to bad of a thing.

dc5itr329
11-16-2009, 01:22 AM
I gave up on my CRSptoless and use my soft water from inside now. Much better washing than hard water, almost as good rinsing as the DI.

I was thinking of adding that to my arsenal . Don`t like it anymore or are the replacement cost to high?

Accumulator
11-16-2009, 11:44 AM
The water in my garage/shop is softened, but I still like using the CRS for jobs where I really want to avoid the chance of spotting. As noted, softened water still spots, just not very badly, and IME it sure does clean better than hard water.