PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Buff and Shine
11-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Just got back from the SEMA and NACE shows in Vegas. Got to know many of our internet buffing pad customers since I kind of lost almost 3 years of work as a result of a pretty bad motorcycle accident in 05. I`ll tell you what, you know that saying "that`ll buff out?" Well, no can do when you have a bike that catapulted into a rock and dirt wall at 80mph. I was on the bike earlier but it deposited me into a deep swale before it hit the wall. Enough of that, I`m back!

Anyway, I`ve been in the car care chemical/buffing pad business for 25 years. Started as a paint sealant rep, detail shop manager, car care chemical rep for the western region then the last 14 as the Nat`l Sales Mgr for Buff and Shine Mfg. At this time I`m handling International business and helping out with internet business. I suppose this is right up my alley since I do a lot of chatting on a couple of motorcycle sites, specifically for Ducati motorcycles. You can say motorcycles are my hobby and I`m also the President of the regional Ducati owners group. Prior to my accident I organized private track days and supported the local club racing circuit. I`m not totally Ducati red, I also own a Buell 1125CR streetfighter. I can tell you straight up I have the reputation of having the best looking bikes paint wise around. How can I not? I had my say when we came out with buffing pads, both wool and foam in 3" diameter. At this time I want the company to take it even further, to engineer pads in the 2" range as well. I`ve been using a lot of the European foams and with great result, in fact I`m blending Euro foams with domestic foams as a system for buffing out motorcycle fairings and other painted parts. Its kind of nice to have access to high quality buffs of your own making and then seeing the results first hand. Of course the surface chemicals are just as critical during the process, but for diplomatic reasons, I reserve judgement. However, there are many fantastic products out there and thats a well deserved fact.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself on this very good and informative website. I hope based on my training and experiences, maybe I can be of help here in the future.

MoonShine
11-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Welcome back

David Fermani
11-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Nice to have someone from Buff N Shine represent. Hopefully you can lend us your unadulterated views on buffing pads w/o spewing loads of spam. People here are really preferential to Lake Country pads. How does your 5.5 flat pad design & foam differ/compare to the current offerings from LC?

These are the ones I referring to:

flat foam pads, flat foam buffing pads, car polishing foam flat pads, DA foam 5.5" pads, flex foam pads, pc foam pads, megs g110 flat foam pads, 5.5" detailing foam pads (http://www.buffandshine.com/flat-foam-pads-p-323-l-en.html)

Dan
11-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Welcome. I used to be a track junkie too, however recently got into the pedal variety of bikes and haven`t hit the track in over a year.

I`d love to see some much smaller foam cones and wheels for wheel and other tighter area use. The current offerings (mothers mini and cone) don`t get into smaller spaces.

Buff and Shine
11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Welcome. I used to be a track junkie too, however recently got into the pedal variety of bikes and haven`t hit the track in over a year.

I`d love to see some much smaller foam cones and wheels for wheel and other tighter area use. The current offerings (mothers mini and cone) don`t get into smaller spaces.

You have a PM

Buff and Shine
11-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Nice to have someone from Buff N Shine represent. Hopefully you can lend us your unadulterated views on buffing pads w/o spewing loads of spam. People here are really preferential to Lake Country pads. How does your 5.5 flat pad design & foam differ/compare to the current offerings from LC?

These are the ones I referring to:

flat foam pads, flat foam buffing pads, car polishing foam flat pads, DA foam 5.5" pads, flex foam pads, pc foam pads, megs g110 flat foam pads, 5.5" detailing foam pads (http://www.buffandshine.com/flat-foam-pads-p-323-l-en.html)

I responded back twice in length, but the replies wouldn`t post up for some reason. Maybe it was too long for being a newcomer?:nixweiss