PDA

View Full Version : Spot bot or little green machine

Chris Shades
11-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Im doing detailing as a small side business and im intrested in a carpet cleaner. I`ve tried alot of otc carpet shampoo`s but some arent tough enough for the jobs. Im intrested in the bissell spot bot or little green machine. I`ve researched the forums but have only found a few pros and cons and was looking for more input. If you own and use either of these machines please share your experiences with them.

Dan
11-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Best Buy sells the little green meant for car cleaning, it has a crevice tool which the home machines do not.

Chris Shades
11-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Thats good to know, Do you have this machine? any comments on results after cleaning?

rodmunch
11-07-2009, 01:50 PM
I could not be happier with the autocare version of the lgm that I recently purchased. Pre-treating the area you intend to clean is absolutely essential as I quickly discovered. It isn`t a miracle worker, but for around $100, you can`t really go wrong with this product.

unleashedfury
11-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Little Green Machine Hands Down. I used a spot bot. Once And I didn`t like it. LGM tends to do the work for both. Spots. and general cleaning.

I still live by the Woolite method/Soft Scrub brush. circular motion for heavy stains. Vacumn out and treat with LGM I have had success.

Dan
11-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Thats good to know, Do you have this machine? any comments on results after cleaning?

Yeah, I love it, my only complaint is the tanks are kinda small, I end up emptying it two or three times on a dirtier car but, its the price you pay for not having a huge machine. It has plenty of suction for such a compact setup.

Soarer5
11-07-2009, 05:12 PM
i was quick to jump on a used LGM off craigslist for $25, only to find out later i should of got the proheat version. which cleaner & how much do you guys recommend for cleaning heavily soiled seats/carpet?

Chris Shades
11-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Awsome input guys, thanks. Im gonna have my girlfriend hook me up with the auto care version of the LGM.

Dan
11-07-2009, 06:59 PM
i was quick to jump on a used LGM off craigslist for $25, only to find out later i should of got the proheat version. which cleaner & how much do you guys recommend for cleaning heavily soiled seats/carpet?

I really like megs APC+, its low foaming so it works well in the LGM and rinses easily. I usually use Scalding hot water/APC+ 20:1. The heater keeps it warm enough that you can see the steam rising when it hits the carpet.

rwisejr
11-07-2009, 07:03 PM

For med to light clean up I use the Zep extractor shampoo and agitate with a carpet brush then extract. For Heavily soiled I use Zep High Traffic carpet cleaner and follow the same procedure. Key is to spray aggitate and let set for a few minutes to allow to breakdown the grime. The Zep cleaners I get at Home Depot

Bullitt
11-19-2009, 11:25 PM
I just purchased a Spot Bot for the house to be ready for Thanksgiving. I mainly use agitation,steam, and if I need to extract a wet-vac for detaing. But now I see this post and I`m wondering if this will suffice for detailing(as in enough suction?). I haven`t taken it out of the box yet. I saw some post about the automotive LGM and now I wish I had bought that one(guess I could return it). I`ll check with bissell but can you just order the crevice tool and apply it to the spot bot?