PDA

View Full Version : 303 aero vs DP protectant

Pages : [1] 2

jrelh
11-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Hey guys, was researching for interior cleaner/protectant and consensus seems to have popular vote on these two. At least as much as i`ve been researching. I don`t want the glossy interior look, so I am leaning towards DP protectant from Autogeek.net, but does anyone else have any other suggestions or warnings on either of these two? And if I was able to pick these up OTC I`d just buy both and see which I like better, but I would have to buy these online, so that`s why I am holding out and trying to get as much info as possible.

gofastman
11-05-2009, 06:56 PM
303 is a great product all around!

jrelh
11-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Anyone else have any advice, or suggestions...?

tenorplayer23
11-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Neither is glossy. If I were you, I`d go to the 303 website and order their sample kit for something like $4-5 and try the 303, plus a few other products. Plenty to do some dashes.......or, you can find it, perhaps at a local boat dealer to try.

I have both of these actually, but never tried them side by side. By popular vote, 303 gets rave reviews for protection, but if you used either of them regularly, they`re both fine.

Try the 303 sample. If you like it, then you`re set. If not, the go w/the DP. It only takes a few days to get, plus you`ll have a few extra products to try. In the case of DP, AG puts it on special from time to time, so you might score a package deal if you wait. But, I`d give the 303 a shot first.

See ya. :wavey

LVAML
11-05-2009, 11:31 PM
I was able to pick up 303 at a local RV store. I found that straight 303 left leather looking slightly glossy for my taste but that cut 1:1 with de-ionzed water left a nice, non-glossy look.

judyb
11-06-2009, 12:46 AM
303 offers no protective value against oils and dirt on leather

Dan
11-06-2009, 07:52 AM
303 has a time tested reputation for working as a UV inhibitor. DP is pretty new. Megs #40 is pretty good too. You can find either locally if you apply yourself. #40 can be had from body supply shops and 303 is available from anyone that sells boating/RV stuff.

Bert
11-06-2009, 09:20 AM

Which protectants do you recommend?

jrelh
11-06-2009, 11:34 AM

How does it fair for regular vinyl/rubber trims?

imported_DJBAILEY
11-07-2009, 02:56 AM
Some people (including me) are sensitve to the smell of 303. I think it smells like the sweaty gym socks you left sitting in you high school gym locker too long. My wife doesn`t smell it at all. Kind of like a vinegar and BO combo

It goes away after 2-3 days, but whenever I use it I`m afraid that a customer will call back in a day or two to complain about that smell. So far only one woman has complained.

Bunky
11-07-2009, 07:39 AM
1z Cockpit Premium is a nice cleaner, protectant with a unique smell for most interior surfaces (not really sure about top coated leather). It leaves plastics more natural looking.

onelazydawg
11-07-2009, 07:57 AM
whole DP line appears on sale this week saw it on another forum

akimel
11-07-2009, 08:47 AM
For a low gloss look, try Megs` Quick Interior Detailer. You can use it on everything. And the price is right.

jrelh
11-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Update:

So I bought this cleaning kit online, came w/ a sample of 303 aerospace protectant, which is extremely convenient. So tried it out on my interior, came out great. Just what I was looking for a non-greasy/oily look unlike the last product I tried. It was only a test product that came w/ a soaked spunge btw. Also is this cleaner suppose to be used as a once every 6month protectant? Or is this something that I can use weekly to clean the inside of my car, basically asking if whether or not if too much of this is bad for the interior. Because if I can use it weekly, was going to get a big jug and detailer bottles, and use it it for all the cars in the garage.

Also can I use the protectant on fabric/cloth, or do I have to get the one made specifically for fabric/cloth; since I see they have a seperate product for those surfaces.

JasonS
11-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Update:

So I bought this cleaning kit online, came w/ a sample of 303 aerospace protectant, which is extremely convenient. So tried it out on my interior, came out great. Just what I was looking for a non-greasy/oily look unlike the last product I tried. It was only a test product that came w/ a soaked spunge btw. Also is this cleaner suppose to be used as a once every 6month protectant? Or is this something that I can use weekly to clean the inside of my car, basically asking if whether or not if too much of this is bad for the interior. Because if I can use it weekly, was going to get a big jug and detailer bottles, and use it it for all the cars in the garage.

Also can I use the protectant on fabric/cloth, or do I have to get the one made specifically for fabric/cloth; since I see they have a seperate product for those surfaces.

You can used the 303 aerospace protectant as often as you like. I find myself using it about once a month or so. What kit did you get? The aerospace protectant is only to be used on vinyl or plastics.