PDA

View Full Version : Stoner Invisible Glass Reach & Clean Tool

Dan
11-05-2009, 10:16 AM
I want to preface this review with a little bit of truth. I absolutely HATE cleaning windows inside of the car. To the point that I might only clean my side and rear windows once a year. The windshield gets a bit more attention but only out of neccessity.

While poking around in Target, I spotted this thing:

http://www.invisibleglass.com/media/95161-03-YLW-a.gif

It was under $13, on sale. It comes with 3 bonnets, the mesh one is pretty useless to me, but the two microfiber ones are denent, one is plush, the other is the type of mf you would use on glass.

How does it work? It works very well, it allows you to get deeper into the corners and faster. The tool is fairly well built as I`d expect from Stoner. As long as you keep your windows pretty clean, one pad should be enough for the whole interior. If the windows are trashed, you are probably going to need to clean them up a bit using the old school way. But for me, this is the perfect thing for cleaning windows. In about 5 minutes, I can have them all squeeky clean.

Dan
11-05-2009, 10:19 AM
One thing to add, Rick at ADS sells the replacement bonnets for quite a bit less than getting them direct from Stoner.

5spdfrk
11-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Haha, I actually was at target not too long ago and picked one up myself! It`s still sitting in the back seat in the packaging! I need to use it!

jaynick808
11-05-2009, 11:22 AM
i like this thing for the windshield n rear glass. the mf bonnets could be a little better, but i only use it for the deep corners anyway.

fergnation
11-05-2009, 06:24 PM
I have one and just wrap a MF around them and they work great. The black foam grabs the MF and honestly you can jsut lay it on there and it never moves.

Like you I ate doing windows and in all honesty I really suck at them. I can detail a Duesenberg for the Amelia Island and Pebble Beach Concours but can`t seem to get windows clean. I usually employ my wife to do them.

shadow85
11-07-2009, 07:39 AM
My mileage vary a bit. I find it hard to get streak free clean using this thing. I only use it on the rear window since I needed the reach.

Dan
11-07-2009, 08:12 AM
My mileage vary a bit. I find it hard to get streak free clean using this thing. I only use it on the rear window since I needed the reach.

FWIW, I think it works best with very little Invisible glass on it. You do not want the pad wet at all.

offcenter
11-07-2009, 12:47 PM

I agree, the concept is good but I find the pad sometimes skips/slips over areas and sometimes grabs areas and it is difficult to use- you cannot get even pressure on the pad. Now I am back to doing it by hand-I just fold down my rear seats and extend my legs into the trunk while using a microfiber towel that is rinsed with water and wrung out to wipe down the interior rear window by hand followed by a wipe with a lint free microfiber towel. It`s a pain getting in and out of the back seat/trunk but it works....

unleashedfury
11-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I bought this thing a while back. Got to using it yesterday. Ughh I am in love lol.

It just makes getting those corners of the windows so much easier.

Amazing product from stoner.

5spdfrk
11-09-2009, 05:27 PM
FWIW, I think it works best with very little Invisible glass on it. You do not want the pad wet at all.

Agreed! I just spray a lil IG on it and go to town!

dennn
11-09-2009, 05:58 PM
I have the exact identical unit, except that I got mine at Linens n` Things and it is redbadged with a very fancy package for $2.75.

It`s a good idea, but sometimes I don`t find that I can exert enough pressure on the handle to clean some of the tight areas.

fleong
11-09-2009, 10:25 PM
One thing to add, Rick at ADS sells the replacement bonnets for quite a bit less than getting them direct from Stoner.

Thanks for the info. I am looking for some replacement bonnets...can you let me know what ADS stands for so that I can order them?

Leadfootluke
11-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Auto Detailing Solutions -- Meguiar`s Car Wax, Auto Polish & Detailing Supplies Store (http://www.AutoDetailingSolutions.com)

craigdt
11-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Hmm thanks for the review. Ive always seen those and have considered them.

I hate windows with a passion.

Dan
11-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the info. I am looking for some replacement bonnets...can you let me know what ADS stands for so that I can order them?

Auto Detailing Solutions