PDA

View Full Version : Need a "in store" wheel cleaner for now!

anson89
11-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I detailed a BMW with some iForged wheels. Used the Poorboy`s Spray and Rinse wheel cleaner and man, did it leave a tough stain that takes a long time to wash off. It`s almost impossible to wash away with normal water/car wash and microfiber towels. I had to give it a good scrub using Optimum Metal polish but took most away. I thought it was eating away the clear coat. There are still some leftover stains on there, is it safe to use the metal polish and 0000 steel wool? It`s on the face of the wheel and lip.

Any other suggestions on other wheel cleaners I can purchase in store? I`m looking into Meg`s Wheel Brightner, Meg`s All Wheel Cleaner, Meg`s Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner, Armor All Wheel Cleaner. I`ll be purchasing a P21S gel soon, but I need it now for another customer with aftermarket wheels.

BigAl3
11-03-2009, 09:20 PM
i love this stuff, too bad it isn`t available in gallons...

http://eagleone.com/images/products/AWTC.jpg

Nothing complements a beautiful detailing job better than sparkling wheels and clean tires. All Wheel & Tire Cleaner is now available in an aerosol to give you more control for even easier cleaning.

Spray on, hose off

Super foamy formula safely removes brake dust and road grime from both wheels and tires

Acid free

Wheel manufacturer recommended

Available in both trigger spray and aerosol

Clean your wheels and tires in one simple step. Eagle One All Wheel & Tire Cleaner’s instant foaming action goes to work penetrating and releasing brake dust, road grime and grease from your wheels and tires on contact for a deeper clean. It’s the only real solution for brake dust in nooks, crannies and crevices. Just spray on and in 30 seconds you’re ready to rinse. It’s that easy. No brushes, swabs or rags. In just one simple step, your wheels will shine and tires will be back to black.

Now that All Wheel & Tire is available in an aerosol, it’s never been easier to get great-looking wheels and tires in less time.

All Wheel & Tire Cleaner is safe for all types of metal hubcaps and steel or aluminum alloy wheels. Safe finishes include: anodized, clear coated, factory painted and chrome.

WARNING: DO NOT USE ON NON-FACTORY PAINTED WHEELS, MOTORCYCLE WHEELS, AND SOME ANODIZED WHEELS.

vtec92civic
11-04-2009, 12:45 AM
exactly what wheels are these off of? Post a pic even if it is off of google. Sorry to hear that you ran into that little issue with the rims.

I recommend using CG Sticky Wheel Gel. It works great and is safe for pretty much all rims, painted and everything. Megs wheel brightner i have also and that works great but be careful with how you use it.

off the shelf stuff . . . meguiars has some good wheel cleaner.

Passrat
11-04-2009, 03:29 AM
I tried the Megs foamy one, don`t recall the name, purple bottle, worked great. I later used it to clean an old filthy aluminum ladder and a few other metal od`s and end`s around the garage. It worked well there too.

imported_smprince1
11-04-2009, 05:01 AM
For "in-store" as you asked, I like Eagle One.

Bullitt
11-04-2009, 05:05 AM
Eagle One is the best off the shelf in an AutoZone etc. If you have a Harley store nearby you can get the S100 which is the same as PS1S if my memory servies me right, they`re the same company.

CocheseUGA
11-04-2009, 08:13 AM
If you have a Harley store nearby you can get the S100 which is the same as PS1S if my memory servies me right, they`re the same company.

Run, don`t walk. I love this stuff.

anson89
11-04-2009, 09:50 AM
You guys are geniuses! I didn`t know the P21S wheel cleaner is the same as the S100 wheel cleaner and it`s almost half the price! Just wondering if these can be diluted?

vtec92civic
11-04-2009, 10:54 AM
i personally would not dilute the p21 or s100 only because straight out of the bottle they arn`t that strong . . . . . they are more so for wheels that are maintained rather well.