PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain Opti-Seal please?

Leadfootluke
11-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Just looking for some final touches to my detailing arsenal. I saw a few threads saying OS is a must have. I have seen how it is applied and it looks super simple. I saw how it takes merely a few spritzes to do an entire vehicle.

I did a search, but I am hoping to get more concrete answers from the experts. First off, is there a difference if it is applied via foam applicators or microfiber applicators? Secondly, at what point can it be applied in relation to waxes. Should it go over a wax / can it go over a carnuba wax? And lastly how does it work on windows?

I will be using 845/476 for waxes and KAIO for windows/trims/wheels/etc.

Just wondering if OS would be a good addition [I imagine it would be] but would it benefit me to have it among my other products?

Thanks!

Dan
11-03-2009, 08:55 PM
You can apply with foam or microfiber. IMO the best time to apply is after polishing, on top of perfect paint. Many say after poliseal, however I can`t get any to stick to poliseal until I wash the car afterwards. You could put it under 845/476 but the solvents in each might affect it. It really works much better if you are using OCW on top of it vs a solventy wax.

Leadfootluke
11-03-2009, 09:10 PM
You can apply with foam or microfiber. IMO the best time to apply is after polishing, on top of perfect paint. Many say after poliseal, however I can`t get any to stick to poliseal until I wash the car afterwards. You could put it under 845/476 but the solvents in each might affect it. It really works much better if you are using OCW on top of it vs a solventy wax.

In my case, would you just skip it as my current setup would not benefit?

Thanks for the reply :)

Rob Tomlin
11-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Why are you wanting to keep using the 845/476?

If anything, you should use those on top of the OS, but I`m not one to see a whole lot of benefit to doing that.

OS looks great and works great on it`s own, so I wouldn`t go messing with it by adding other stuff to it, unless it is something else in the Optimum line like OCW

Leadfootluke
11-03-2009, 09:46 PM

If anything, you should use those on top of the OS, but I`m not one to see a whole lot of benefit to doing that.

OS looks great and works great on it`s own, so I wouldn`t go messing with it by adding other stuff to it, unless it is something else in the Optimum line like OCW

Cool. I have 476S and 845 at home already. Free product :) So I am using them, and there have been many satisfied users of each.

So you would combine the OCW and OS for a LSP? I am open to trying different products for sure. And I love the simplicity that Optimum offers in their products.

MichaelSpoots
11-03-2009, 09:46 PM
OS looks great and works great on it is own, so I wouldn`t go messing with it by adding other stuff to it

I share this opinion :werd:.

Mobilejay
11-03-2009, 09:47 PM
In my case, would you just skip it as my current setup would not benefit?

Thanks for the reply :)

Not nescissarily, if you are ever wanting to wax your car in 5 minutes you can use this. If you are using OS or any other sealant, use a sealant first and then top it with wax.

Scottwax
11-03-2009, 10:57 PM

Same here. OS is great on its own. Why complicate things?

Leadfootluke
11-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Same here. OS is great on its own. Why complicate things?

Pretty much, my post was to state that I have the collinite products in hand. Looking to do some winter protection on our vehicles, etc.

But the OS seems to be very user friendly, quick, and long lasting. So when the collinite is gone, or I am not satisfied, the OS looks like the way to go. I just wanted to know if it would fit in anywhere right now with my current lineup. I can see OCW and OS being a great combo for me in the future.

Dan
11-04-2009, 06:35 AM
Well, the Optimum line is a pandora`s box. If you like Collinite, stick with it. Once you start messing around with the Optimum stuff, you will end up shelving a bunch of your stuff. ONR, OCW, OID, OS and PS all end up saving so much time over other comparable products that you will look back at the other stuff as time wasters. With ONR + OS, you can wash and seal your car in about the same time it takes you to wax it with 476. And it will look better.

Robb
11-04-2009, 09:05 AM
I`d just use OS by itself, it looks great all by itself and has good durability

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/4641/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/4641/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

gofastman
11-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Well, the Optimum line is a pandora`s box. If you like Collinite, stick with it. Once you start messing around with the Optimum stuff, you will end up shelving a bunch of your stuff. ONR, OCW, OID, OS and PS all end up saving so much time over other comparable products that you will look back at the other stuff as time wasters. With ONR + OS, you can wash and seal your car in about the same time it takes you to wax it with 476. And it will look better.

well said, I`m sure I will eventually end up with everything in their product lineup

Dan
11-04-2009, 09:38 PM
well said, I`m sure I will eventually end up with everything in their product lineup

LOL... I`m almost there myself!

PistolWhip
11-06-2009, 02:15 AM
Ain`t that the truth! I started out with Optimum Polish II and now have everything they make LOL....

I love their products and have pretty much been using Optimum exclusively on my Cobra. I still use some other products on my wife`s Acura (currently wearing Klasse AIO) and other people`s cars but the Cobra`s an Optimum whore.