PDA

View Full Version : Using the full Optimum Line?

cptzippy
11-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Been using ONR for about 8 months now and really like it. I`m re-examining my detailing as I start on a new car. Like what I`ve been reading about OS and OCW. So, can I trust my new ride to use that trio on it?

Hey, Moe!
11-02-2009, 10:19 PM
I`ve been using Opti-Seal for two years now, and I like it. Keep it thin when applying. I`ve done my Focus 9-10 times, and the bottle is still half-full.

Can`t speak for OCW, though you can top OS with almost anything.

Try Opti-Bond for your tires. I did, and it is a keeper.

If Scottwax replies, then you have your answer. He`s been testing/using Optimum products since I was in diapers ; )

Scottwax
11-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Opti-Seal and OCW look amazing together. You can use OCW about 30 minutes after OS but I usually prefer to use OS, then the next wash, top with OCW. In fact, I`ve used OCW (after initially using OS) on my own car the last 3 washes.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/35422002_Nissan_Maxima_OCWx3.jpg

Both are very easy to use too.

Scottwax
11-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Opti-Seal and OCW look amazing together. You can use OCW about 30 minutes after OS but I usually prefer to use OS, then the next wash, top with OCW. In fact, I`ve used OCW (after initially using OS) on my own car the last 3 washes.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/35422002_Nissan_Maxima_OCWx3.jpg

Both are very easy to use too.

BTW, Moe, weren`t you still in diapers when I was eating lunch today? :lol

Rob Tomlin
11-02-2009, 11:23 PM
I love Optimum products for the most part, but the color of the paint does have a bearing on what product(s) I prefer.

What color is your new ride?

cptzippy
11-03-2009, 07:26 AM
To answer your ? Rob Tomlin, it`s Ultrasonic Blue Mica.

I do have opti-bond and do like it so I guess that`s another OPT product I should use to build my confidence.

I did some searching on here on opti-seal but didn`t find a good description of how it goes on. If someone can tell me or link me I`d be mucho apreciative.

Scottwax
11-03-2009, 08:33 AM
I did some searching on here on opti-seal but didn`t find a good description of how it goes on. If someone can tell me or link me I`d be mucho apreciative.

YouTube - Applying Optimum Opti-Seal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuHuKx0XGzM)

Hey, Moe!
11-03-2009, 08:46 AM
My GF wants to know if Depends counts as diapers.....

Dan
11-03-2009, 09:34 AM
I really like Optimum products, OID, OCW, Poliseal, Optiseal, ONR are all winners, but they do look better on darker colors.

The best thing about Optimum is the whole line plays nice, you can use any of the products in any order you like and not worry about bonding issues.

cptzippy
11-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Pretty impressive stuff if it goes on that easy and lasts as long as it seems to.

Hey, Moe!
11-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Yakky makes a good point--the whole Opt. line does play well with each other, and seems to be less fussy about weather conditions while using them, too.

As the OS video mentions, if you don`t see the product level out and disappear in ten seconds or so after application, you`ve used too much.

Dowe
11-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Yakky makes a good point--the whole Opt. line does play well with each other, and seems to be less fussy about weather conditions while using them, too.

+1

i`ve been usng ps + os for a year now. i like it a lot. long lasting protection, little dust from the ps. about as good as it gets :woot:

Rob Tomlin
11-03-2009, 07:40 PM
I really like Optimum products, OID, OCW, Poliseal, Optiseal, ONR are all winners, but they do look better on darker colors.

The best thing about Optimum is the whole line plays nice, you can use any of the products in any order you like and not worry about bonding issues.

I agree with all of this, but the highlighted part is very noteworthy in my opinion. I was disappointed with OS on my Silver Lotus as it darkened the paint and slightly dulled the flakes. AJT works quite a bit better for me on Silver.

Scottwax
11-03-2009, 11:00 PM
I agree with all of this, but the highlighted part is very noteworthy in my opinion. I was disappointed with OS on my Silver Lotus as it darkened the paint and slightly dulled the flakes. AJT works quite a bit better for me on Silver.

Odd, because I think OS looks absolutely killer on silver, looks very wet. I do like AJT a lot too though.

Rob Tomlin
11-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Odd, because I think OS looks absolutely killer on silver, looks very wet. I do like AJT a lot too though.

Oh, absolutely agree that OS looks wet on Silver. But I also found it to slightly darken the paint and the metallic flakes didn`t pop as much as they do with AJT.

But I much prefer OS on my yellow car over AJT.