PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Soft Buff pad velcro failure

DM101
11-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Well I guess we have all had it to happen. Brand new Meguiar`s Soft Buff pad

W9006 Finishing pad failure. I put it into my washing machine just like I do with my Lake Country and the velcro came completely off. Is there anyway to glue or get it to stick back on. Should`a washed by hand.

MichaelSpoots
11-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Their customer service phone line just might mail you a replacement without you having to spend the time/few dollars to mail in the bad pad :).

JimmyCutlass
11-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Original Soft Buff pads are not supposed to be washing machine safe, 2.0 pads are. They still may reimburse you with a new pad, give customer service a try.

White lexus 23
11-01-2009, 03:22 PM
if not use gorilla glue. get the pad damp then apply it and wait for it to dry. it takes a while for it to dry tho

BigAl3
11-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Original Soft Buff pads are not supposed to be washing machine safe, 2.0 pads are.

agreed (in regards to the 6.5" pads). you`ll notice the 2.0 pads have a much more durable glue/adhesive. IIRC, megs doesn`t recommend washing the 6.5" pads at all, though many have (including myself) with good results. i spray dawn power dissolver or APC, let it sit for about 10-15 minutes and then massage under running water, squeeze and swing out as much water as possible, then air dry...