PDA

View Full Version : New guy here..

abney09
10-30-2009, 11:43 PM
How does this sound for getting my `97 Ram ready for winter..

1. Clean interior

2. Wash wheels/tires

3. Wash truck

4. Clay bar

5. Wax with Mothers Reflections

6. Seal with Mothers Reflections Top Coat

7. Dress wheels/tires

Any ideas/comments? Thanks!

akimel
10-31-2009, 12:18 AM
I like Mother`s Reflections a lot. For the money, I think it`s an outstanding value. It`s easy to apply and remove. It looks great on my black car. I`ve never had any streaking problems with it. It seems to be less finnicky than, say, NXT. I have never tested the durability longer than a couple of months.

I have never tried Top Coat.

Too bad the Reflections line is not more widely available. You can find several of the Reflections products, though, at Amazon.com at good prices. Reflections sealant (http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-10016-Reflections-Car-Wax/dp/B0007RDVE8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1256970204&sr=8-2), e.g., is presently selling for only $11, with free shipping for orders of $25+. I`m also a big fan of Reflections Tire Care (http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-10324-Reflections-Tire-Care/dp/B0007RDVF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1256970424&sr=8-2).

unleashedfury
10-31-2009, 01:15 AM
Welcome.

I believe you have a pretty good system there and if it works for you. Thats all that matters.

If you plan to do a wash to get the crap off your car over the winter. I keep a MF and a bottle of Meguiars QD handy. Great stuff inbetween waxes

abney09
10-31-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the replies guys! What would you guys recommend for getting old wax off the car to apply the Reflections? A coat of cleaner wax & then waxing with Reflections & the sealent? Thanks!

akimel
10-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the replies guys! What would you guys recommend for getting old wax off the car to apply the Reflections? A coat of cleaner wax & then waxing with Reflections & the sealent? Thanks!

Reflections does include cleaners, so if the paint doesn`t need a really good cleaning, I would omit the cleaner wax and simply apply a coat of the Reflections. Reflections will remove previously applied wax.