PDA

View Full Version : Can you water down LM Strong?

danforz
10-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey guys

I`m thinking that instead of buying LM Soft and LM Strong in the 250ml bottles, I just going to buy LM Strong 1L bottle. I read that strong is simply the same formula except 2x the concentration. So I`ll get one giant bottle of Strong and then simply water it down in a second bottle so I have both concentrations.

Anyone have objections?

Setec Astronomy
10-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Yes, I have an objection. What is LM?

imported_flatstick
10-31-2009, 06:54 AM
Yes, I have an objection. What is LM?

I believe the original poster is talking about leather master products.

David Fermani
10-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Leather Master Strong + Water = Leather Master Soft.

jaynick808
10-31-2009, 04:18 PM
i have an objection, LM strong watered down 1:1 sucks *** imho. i mixed a test bottle and it hardly did anything. no foam or anything.:think:

i like their vital and protection cream but im not buying anymore LM strong after this. even full strength isnt that great. i tried the shaken upright bottle method and putting it in a cheap foaming sprayer and both do only an OK job. factor in the price and i dont see much value.

i like foaming cleaners like connolly and lexol and the like. far cheaper and dilutable.

Roger Koh
10-31-2009, 07:26 PM
These pictures show a standard 3 steps cleaning to achieve the maximum result even from extreme cases of dye transfer.

First step is to apply, spread and agitate with a soft horsehair brush and stretch this thick as honey pH 7.7 strong prep cleaner as thin as possible and can be left to dwell in extreme cases for up to two days for those nasty ballpoint ink stains (This case was a five minutes dwell time).

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/2spreadandagitate.jpg

Second step is to spray a pH 3.8 leather-safe cleaner, agitate and extract.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/Rogerkoh/4Extract.jpg

Guess what’s the third step?

Roger Koh

Leather Doctor®

judyb
11-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Yes you can water down LM Strong Cleaner but for auto interiors I cannot see that there would be much point as something as weak as LM Soft Cleaner is not going to give very good results. As auto leather is generally heavily finished you can use a pretty strong cleaner to clean it - I think LM do one specifically for cars which was even stronger than the Strong Cleaner.

Dwell time will give better results which is only really possible if it is a foam cleaner. All LM products should foam.

Hope this helps

danforz
11-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Yes you can water down LM Strong Cleaner but for auto interiors I cannot see that there would be much point as something as weak as LM Soft Cleaner is not going to give very good results. As auto leather is generally heavily finished you can use a pretty strong cleaner to clean it - I think LM do one specifically for cars which was even stronger than the Strong Cleaner.

Dwell time will give better results which is only really possible if it is a foam cleaner. All LM products should foam.

Hope this helps

Judy, from what I`ve seen of the auto-care kit, it simply includes the same products: LM Protection Cream and LM Soft.

pingable
11-01-2009, 04:39 PM
I cut strong 1:1.

Agitate with a boars hair brush.....cleans plenty fine given the right agitation medium *brush*.

In my experience, I have found that any cleaning method....if you are just taking a towel to it, won`t clean leather ~properly~ as opposed to truely agitating between the grain.

danforz
11-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I cut strong 1:1.

Agitate with a boars hair brush.....cleans plenty fine given the right agitation medium *brush*.

In my experience, I have found that any cleaning method....if you are just taking a towel to it, won`t clean leather ~properly~ as opposed to truely agitating between the grain.

On that note, have you or anyone else tried the feather tipped leather brush porter cable attachment in conjunction with this?

Quality Leather
11-03-2009, 07:49 PM
I am not sure what is in their auto products, but they used to get Strong cleaner in bulk and then water it down for Soft.