PDA

View Full Version : New old member...it`s been 5 years...time does fly

jr weeks
10-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Hello fellow Autopians,

I logged in here yesterday for the 1st time in 4 - 5 years. I was a constant member of this board before major life changes (divorce, career swap etc.) pulled me away elsewhere.

But I`ve met a wonderful lady, got another business going (was a pro detailer for many years and "sometime" auto painter for self and friends) and thought it was about time I came by and said hello. I see quite a few old names I recognize. :).

Still love clean, shiny, impeccably detailed cars, though I will tell you that the above circumstances sure can put things in perspective as to what`s really, truly important in life. Cars and paintwork just fell to the lower part of my life`s priorities.

I`ve a lot of catching up to do. And even though my time on the `Net is much more limited now than years back, I plan on stopping by and logging in more frequently.

I met a LOT of super people here back then, and I`m certain many are still here, and many more are yet to get to know.

Thanks for a great and helpful website.

Accumulator
10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Welcome back! Glad to hear you`re doing well these days.

I`m still quoting some of your great advice regarding the dangers of aggressively correcting certain single stage paints :D

There have been some pretty significant product developments since you were last here, ones that truly have changed a lot of things.

jr weeks
10-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Welcome back! Glad to hear you`re doing well these days.

I`m still quoting some of your great advice regarding the dangers of aggressively correcting certain single stage paints :D

There have been some pretty significant product developments since you were last here, ones that truly have changed a lot of things.

And there`s one of those "super people" I spoke of, hello Accumulator, good to see you again.

BTW, I`m humbled by those comments, T/Y.

I`ve a lot to learn on new things, and catch up on, so off I go... :)

brooksnt
10-28-2009, 07:24 PM
I could be completely off, but believe I recognize the car in your avatar from some pictures you posted up on the supercoupe forum years ago.

Either that or someone else had a ridiculously clean black supercoupe just like it. I also own a couple SCs. A silver 1989 and a silver 1993.

It`s always nice to meet someone who appreciates them.

jr weeks
10-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Thank you Brooks, yes, that would be me, I`ve been a part of Sccoa since 1997-98, right from the get-go.

I`ve had my SC for 19 years now, and I`m guessing they`ll bury me in it one day. I`m thrilled to know someone here that has one (or 2 as the case may be). They are getting pretty rare now as you know.

I guess that makes us both slightly nutty,... but in a good way. :up

MoonShine
10-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Welcome back. The helpful information here is better than ever.

Accumulator
10-30-2009, 10:06 AM
...I`ve had my SC for 19 years now, and I`m guessing they`ll bury me in it one day..

Hey, props for keeping hold of it for that long :xyxthumbs