PDA

View Full Version : Removing combos....

dschribs
10-28-2009, 09:34 AM
I want to try a few different combos on my single stage red Camaro to see what looks the best. In the past, I`ve been using RMG followed by Souvern. However, always in search of something that looks better, I was thinking of trying a few different combos to get `er dialed in for show season in the spring.

I was going to try the following:

- EZ crème followed by Blackfire Wet Diamond

- EX Crème/Blackfire WD/Souveran

- Danase Glaze/Blackfire WD/Souveran

- Dasnase Glaze/Souveran

- And maybe a few others.

I was thinking I`d probably do one fender with one process, one door with another process etc...

My question is, when I do find the combo that looks the best, I obviously want to use that process on the entire car. That means stripping off all of the other "test areas". Since I never wash the car using the traditional soap and water means (I mainly use PB Spray and Wipe - although it hardly ever gets that dirty) how do I remove the combos that I don`t want and prep the surface for what I do want to use?

Could I just simpy use a 50/50 IPA mix to remove the products I don`t want on the car??? What IPA/water remove all of the above products?

Thanks!

imported_Jakerooni
10-28-2009, 09:35 AM
a dawn wash and an IPA wipe down should strip just about any combo you have on there.

dschribs
10-28-2009, 09:51 AM
a dawn wash

I dont`/won`t wash the car with soap and water.

imported_Jakerooni
10-28-2009, 10:24 AM
To strip the combo`s properly you might have too ;) Just use proper washing techniques and you won`t have any issues. What`s the concern over washing the car with soap and water??

dschribs
10-28-2009, 10:54 AM
It`s a 40 year old convertible and by no means water tight. It`s never seen rain and I just don`t want to put the hose to it if I don`t have to.

Up until now, I`ve never had the need….

Will just the IPA/Water do the trick?? Maybe some degreaser or some type of wax remover?

Single stage paint by the way...

imported_Jakerooni
10-28-2009, 11:06 AM
I think you`ll get close with the IPA. close enough in fact that you probably won`t notice the difference. You might need a couple of IPA wipe downs. I know it will break down the wax I`m not entirely sure how effective it is on removing sealants though if you have those on there.