PDA

View Full Version : New Member, Jacksonville, Florida

brooksnt
10-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi All,

I`m a University of Florida graduate (in case we have any Gator fans) now living and working full-time in Jacksonville, Florida. Always been a fan of cars, and recently a co-worker and fellow forum member turned me on to detailing as a hobby.

Ordered the HD Polisher kit, along with most of the HD lineup, and plan to put it to work on my 1999 328i. Have already doubled my detailing knowledge in the short time I`ve been perusing the boards and look forward to becoming an active member.

Best,

Nathan

jr weeks
10-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Hey Nathan, I thought I`d return the favor and welcome you here.

Sounds like you`ve got quite a few cars to keep detailed, I know owning and caring for 1 black car = 3 light colored cars, so hopefully you can handle what you`ve got without taking up all your free time.

BTW, MY `89 SC started life sliver (light titanium) so we`ve that in common too.

Best wishes here, see you around hopefully,

Dan

MSOsr
10-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Welcome, friend. UF `79 Law School grad here, living in Jax.

You`ll love the info you`ll learn here!

Mike

brooksnt
10-30-2009, 08:15 AM
@Dan

Thanks for helping out my empty intro page!

Lucky for me, one of the SCs is in storage (the motor soon to be out for a rebuild) and the other is a project car---I`m prepping it for ECTA events. So those cars haven`t seen soap in ages. The 328i is my daily driver and I`m definitely a fan of the silver, especially on the weeks I don`t get around to washing it. Don`t get me wrong, I love black cars, but you couldn`t be more right when you say car care for 1 black car = 3 silver cars.

@Mike

Go Gators! Hope you`re ready for the game this weekend---hopefully we`ll be able to put up some points this week.

Lowprofile
11-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Glad to see another Jacksonville FL member. I am also in Jacksonville. You deffinately picked a great forum. Welcome. I have been detailing for about 8 months now. Just finished designing and developing my own website as well. Feel free to stop in. Its very new.